LV has factories in Asia???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, I've heard from NM people that LV has factories in Asia where the canvas is made, now I read this today about LV having factories in Asia. Does someone know if this is true or not?
  2. The dustbags are made in India but the actual bags are either made in France, Spain, or the US (shoes and some accessories are Italy, plus some wool scarves in Scotland).
  3. I understand that the bags are assembled in europe but where is the canvas made? It states it's made in Asia. Which explains the quality on the AAA fakes.
  4. omg!! monogram canvas are made from plastic?!?!?
  5. at least it doesn't reek of plastic... it would be too heartbreaking for the price...
  6. Canvas is made from cotton :yes: I don't get why the author of that guide hates LV so much for using materials other than leather yet has no such malice for Gucci, Prada, etc.

7. i don't think the author was kind to any brand:graucho: Look at what they wrote about bbags :sad: and those are made of beautiful leather.
  8. Paper bags and gift boxes are made in China.:shrugs:
  9. Actually, are LV bags made of plastic laminated cotton? I thought it was polyester.
  10. Coated vinyl shrunken egyptian cotton.
  11. the author's claims have not basis and have absolutely no idea about LV.
  12. Okay, Monogram canvas is made from........coated's the definition from Webster:

Main Entry: 1can·vas [​IMG]
    Variant(s): also can·vass [​IMG] /'kan-v&s/
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English canevas, from Anglo-French canevas, chanevaz, from Vulgar Latin *cannabaceus hempen, from Latin cannabis hemp -- more at [SIZE=-1]CANNABIS[/SIZE]
    1 : a firm closely woven cloth usually of linen, hemp, or cotton used for clothing and formerly much used for tents and sails[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    3 : a piece of canvas used for a particular purpose
    6 : a coarse cloth so woven as to form regular meshes for working with the needle

And it's coated, so the coating is a type of plastic.
  13. Thanks! Is Mono a 100% cotton though? Here is mini Lin composition: 58% cotton, 24% linen, 18% polyamide, it's uncoated, I believe.
  14. Please try using the search feature above... this topic was covered a few times before. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.