LV Canvas durability/longevity vs. Gucci Fabric

1. OK ladies....which material holds up better and wears nicer: LV Canvas or Gucci fabric?? :shrugs:
  2. sorry but that is too obvious lv canvas of course the gucci fabric may have leather lining but that does not ensure it wont wear away/fray etc. plus stains wipe away from lv while gucci is much much more suseptable to stains
  3. the only thing I dont like is that the LV vachetta is not very resistant to dirt, oil and event water, but or anything but vachetta, I think louis is a little bit better.
  4. NaughtyManolo-- I am so sorry for asking such a stupid question...I only have one LV and no Guccis so I am not an expert.
  5. Couturegrl! no question is stupid! hell i probly ask the most! if you dont ask you wont know and thats what a forum is for asking questions and gaining knowledge i didnt in anyway attempt to demean you by that comment, i just feel passionate about lv i guess! lol
  6. LOL LV is def. my fav. as well. However, the Gucci store is directly across from the LV store at my mall, so I wandered in. My mono Speedy holds up wonderfully, and is soooo worth the value. I was just wondering if Gucci was the same:smile:

NO ONE can top LV though (unless you want to drop 10k on a Birkin LOL)
  7. Rishin-- I agree! Sometimes I feel silly the lengths I go to to protect the vachetta on my bag! That is why I am thinking of getting a bag from the damier line to use as an everyday bag:smile:
  8. Gucci's coated canvas would last just as long as LV canvas, but LV would last longer than Gucci's fabric uncoated canvas.
  9. somehow i've had problems with my gucci purses...the threading comes off over time..........
  10. my co-worker mentioned something about this to me!! So now I'm worried about the 2 Gucci's that I have. I think LV would be more durable, definately! :yes:
  11. My vachetta has patina'd so I have no worries carrying it around and stuff. I don't baby it as much anymore, which is great!
  12. I have carried both...I would say LV...and they are not as "dated"...
  13. I would say LV vs the Gucci fabric, very resistant to stains and scratches...unless you get a gucci with coated canvas...although they don't make as many of those as they used too =( I wish they did...
  14. I have a Gucci doctor bag that is 20 years old and still looks like it's almost new. The leather is still gorgeous too. I think it just depends on the bag and how you use it. On the other hand, my LV speedy (which I bought in February) is in getting new leather because it got so dark. I like both.
  15. i prefer LV because they are more resistant to stains. Gucci Fabric is not as resistant. You can actually tell if its collecting dust.