LV Bucket no longer popular?

I always liked the bucket, I know a lot of pfers dont like the style/shape but its personal preference. Its a classic...like the speedy (not everyone likes the speedy either). I say as long as its real, you like it...then wear it proudly.

I saw a lady with a large bucket at a restaurant a few weeks ago. It was the first one I have seen IRL and I thought it looked very classic. She had a very nice, casual outfit on and the bag looked great on her. I don't think it's outdated at all.

I would be in jail after punching her lights out for a comment like that..I LOVE that you smiled at her, probably made her feel so stupid:yes: :yes: :yes: The nerve of some people AND she was carrying a fake. I love the bucket, my best friend has it and it looks so classic w/ everything she wears..you done good!!

omg! I can't believe she had the nerve to tell you that!! I would've pointed out to her how her bag is the fake one! :rant: And about the bag, I don't have a monogram one but I do love my Damier Marais!

ok, i am not siding with this silly cow... i would've said and done more than what you have.... but i have observed that certain LV bag styles go on popularity cycles. i remember at an old LV forum everybody just had to have a Petit Bucket or a Damier Marais (circa 2002)... then there was a Papillon phase, Vernis Spring Street phase, a Musette phase and so on... it is but natural that the herd mentality would be attracted to just the one style at a particular point in time.... this girl obvioulsy has some insecurity issues with herself so she projects it onto others. it probably comforts her to think that she's way ahead in the fashion stakes..... if the bucket is "so over" they would've stopped production a long time ago :yes:

The nerves on some people!!:mad: If someone did the same to me, I'd tell them off so hardly that they would've end up crying (not that it's necessairy, but that would've been my reaction). Anyways, the bucket is *not* "out". I don't really think of LV as "in" or "out" at all as most of their pieces are timeless, and the bucket is iconic.
I definately want a bucket at one point, and they were one of the LV bags that really opened my eyes to LV. :love:

See, how rude she is! I really hate people who act they're professional & a guru of authentic item espec. LV while they not realize what they're carrying now ( totally FAKE manhattan?? So funny, let her embaraced herself ).

Nope-Bucket and other vintage LV won't be the old fashioned, keep it on your mind & still carry your lovely large bucket :yes:

ok, i am not siding with this silly cow... i would've said and done more than what you have.... but i have observed that certain LV bag styles go on popularity cycles. i remember at an old LV forum everybody just had to have a Petit Bucket or a Damier Marais (circa 2002)... then there was a Papillon phase, Vernis Spring Street phase, a Musette phase and so on... it is but natural that the herd mentality would be attracted to just the one style at a particular point in time.... this girl obvioulsy has some insecurity issues with herself so she projects it onto others. it probably comforts her to think that she's way ahead in the fashion stakes..... if the bucket is "so over" they would've stopped production a long time ago :yes:

Yes I see this too where I live- right now a LOT of girls around town are wearing the Batignolles Horizontelle, which is an awesome bag. One day I realized that ALL the Gucci wearers started wearing the same monogram tote with a scarf to tie it, all at once. (Again, don't get me wrong, cool bag). But there definitely is a "herd" mentality sometimes. IMO I don't care either way-if you enjoy wearing the latest bag, and you like the style and can afford it, go for it and enjoy it! If I had the money I'd probably keep up more with the LV "in" bags:smile: But I don't, so I keep wearing my classic pieces- mono or black epi really never go out of style. I also love to see when people wear the more rare, unique LV styles- even if they're like 10 years old. It stands out as something different, something very "you". I agree the girl was insecure- or else why would she care if a complete stranger's bag is "out"? :rolleyes: whatever.