LV Box with purchase

Yes apparently you have to ask for one. they only box it if its for a gift for someone, or if your SA is nice enough to ask if you would like one.

Just go back and ask for one and they will give it to you for free - perhaps take your receipt.

Yes apparently you have to ask for one. they only box it if its for a gift for someone, or if your SA is nice enough to ask if you would like one.

Just go back and ask for one and they will give it to you for free - perhaps take your receipt.QUOTE]

My bf recently got me a Speedy from Paris, and the SA didn't give him a box. As it was my first LV, I really wanted the box, so we just took it back to another LV store back home with the receipt and the SA re-packed the Speedy in a box, no questions asked! :smile:

Next time just ask for a box for your bag and they will give you one.

Sometimes I get my bags with boxes and sometimes I don't.

However, I have so many boxes that sometimes I even ask them to NOT include a box.

Once you buy so much LVs the boxes start to clutter up in the closet and it is just a waste of space, in my opinion.

I think it depends on the store. Whenever I buy from LV here in Manila they always give a box no matter what. But when I buy form Hongkong they never gave me a box & when I asked for one they even discouraged me from getting one!!!

Just don't forget to ask for one, if you want one.
Perhaps everyone is trying to save some trees, as LV is now posting a little "blurb" on their website to promote awareness of the environment....
and that's NOT a bad thing !!

Personally, I had SOOOO many boxes, I ended up recycling, some of us just have no need for all those hard boxes.

My Alma came in a box, I didn't have to ask. My Speedy came in an envelope with an LV seal on it. It was folded flat, as they are in the store.
I had never seen a Speedy folded like that and I was shocked! But the SA assured me that is how they should be stored.
I recently purchased a Keepall from Ebay, and it stores flat too. That's great for my tiny closet!

In my store here there are two choices. One is a hard box and the other a softer material. I usually ask for the hard one and they tie it up with leather string. Congratz on the popincourt!

Hm.. this is very interesting. I once purchased a Wapity the same day as my friend. There are two different LV's at Short Hills Mall. My friend purchased hers from the NM LV and I purchased it from their main boutique. She got it first - w/ no box. When I got mine w/ a box, we asked the SA in the boutique if she could have one. He said that he couldn't give her one because each of their items comes with a box and they don't get extras. It didn't sound like he was lying?? So my friend went back to the NM LV and demanded a box. ...

My BF's theory is that since these boxes are worth $$ - the SAs might sell them???

Since then I have always made sure I receive a box

Some SAs don't bother to put the handbags in the box. You will need to ask for box to ensure you get one. You should be able to go back and request a box with your receipt. Good luck.