Luxury Theft and Break-In Locations, share your news!

Hey guys!
This thread is off topic and there's more than a few posts that walk our politics line (or literally stomp on the line!)
Please stay completely on topic:
"Please share what you know about any recent store robberies or personal robberies, and please tell us the location and approximate timeframe of the occurrence."

Opinions of lawmakers, classism, etc. . . isn't part of the intended discussion.
We cleaned up this current/last page to make sure everything here, and forward, remains on topic please. :flowers:

This sounds xenophobic and pure propaganda.
So we are to believe that people from Chile, travel to the USA to rob people who happen to have 8 million dollars worth of jewelry?????
What happens to the non political, non controversial stance here????
It's a real thing. We've had over 200 "dinnertime" burglaries in my area. They call them tourist thieves, as they arrive on 3 month visas from (mostly) Chile, as part of gangs, burgle homes & then leave. They are then replaced by new gang members coming in on 3 month visas.

It happened here, but they flew from Atlanta to rob a neighborhood adjacent from me in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. So ya, it can happen imo. IIRC they had a chopper here to get them in/out quickly, it was truly not believable!
I swear what you described sounds like something from a action movie. A helicopter as the getaway transportation.

This sounds xenophobic and pure propaganda.
So we are to believe that people from Chile, travel to the USA to rob people who happen to have 8 million dollars worth of jewelry?????
What happens to the non political, non controversial stance here????
It’s a serious problem and it’s not just chile but South America. CNN and WAPO and other reliable what are normally considered liberal media sources are reporting this. I am in the dc area and homes here are being robbed by people from South America. This is nothing new. Why does an article like this suddenly have to devolve into a convo about accusations about xenophobia and nationalities. This is just straight forward news reporting.

Edit - in fact not long ago a group from South America tried robbing a gated community in southern ca and while a couple got away one was shot. This is not a regular occurrence but it’s happening enough that it’s newsworthy.

I'm sorry that happened to you. We're gated as well, still no arrest. We were the only ones robbed, feels pretty personal!
No arrest? Oh goodness. I recall we were robbed around the same time, but I'm on the other side of the world.

Super grateful to the police and detectives. They got the syndicate very quickly and even retrieved some items.

Problem is the courts which is a whole other issue (as in they're too lenient).

I'd be distressed without arrests, I hope for the best for you. It doesn't get harder as more time passes.

No arrest? Oh goodness. I recall we were robbed around the same time, but I'm on the other side of the world.

Super grateful to the police and detectives. They got the syndicate very quickly and even retrieved some items.

Problem is the courts which is a whole other issue (as in they're too lenient).

I'd be distressed without arrests, I hope for the best for you. It doesn't get harder as more time passes.

You’re totally right, it’s so distressing. I have SO much to say about the experience, it was a life changer and I’m still so bitter. I SO hope for justice in any way…. I’m assuming it’ll be karma. All I want back was my grandmothers ring she left to me

You’re totally right, it’s so distressing. I have SO much to say about the experience, it was a life changer and I’m still so bitter. I SO hope for justice in any way…. I’m assuming it’ll be karma. All I want back was my grandmothers ring she left to me
I don't blame you for being bitter. I kinda am too (not in a consuming way but I am angry with a number of things). I know there'll be no justice. The last update I got from the detective was the youngest of the 3 is being released from jail shortly. And the other 2 are fighting and denying involvement even though police have evidence of them being in the area, on my footage, my belongings in each of their houses, and their clothing they wore breaking in was found in their poccession too.

I know the courts will hear how hard they had it. How hard their life has been and their addictions have made it hard for them. The victim doesn't matter. Well guess what, everyone has a story.

And the only one who seems to be paying for this is me even though none of it was my fault. All my insurance premiums have sky-rocketed because I made a claim.... To a service I paid for and again state, wasn't at fault. But one would say that just monetary. Same with the belongings. But it's affected me mentally which I am not sure I'll recover from.

I'm sorry about your grandmother's ring. It's f**king sh*t. Really is.

(oops in my previous post, I meant to say in my last line, it does get harder the longer time passes instead of doesn't)

New article from the Los Angeles Times that goes into detail about the theft ring in California.

It would not surprise me if there are resellers on ig and fb with bags that were stolen and using a middleman knowingly or with a should have known standard. Interesting bit about the fence and redeluxe. Disgusted the owner was told by redeluxe she’d have to buy back her stolen goods. This reminds me of Tamara and her story and the reseller who had her stolen bags and that reseller continues to sell. All of these people are just disgusting. I don’t trust the vast majority of these resellers. It’s very difficult to really confirm origin.

It would not surprise me if there are resellers on ig and fb with bags that were stolen and using a middleman knowingly or with a should have known standard. Interesting bit about the fence and redeluxe. Disgusted the owner was told by redeluxe she’d have to buy back her stolen goods. This reminds me of Tamara and her story and the reseller who had her stolen bags and that reseller continues to sell. All of these people are just disgusting. I don’t trust the vast majority of these resellers. It’s very difficult to really confirm origin.

It's infuriating, isn't it? :mad:

Reactions: SDC2003