Lunesta Side Effects

1. Has anyone experienced side effects with Lunesta? I'd like to hear your experiences. Weird things are happening to me and I think I might be reacting to this medication.

TIA!

2. I have not had side effects. I take it about 2 times per week, 2mg. What side effects are you having?

3. I take 3 mg. every night, unfortunately. I can't sleep otherwise, and even then it's iffy. I have a docotor's appt. in a couple of weeks to see if something else can be done.

My (possible) side effects are a lump in my throat and a burning tongue. It feels like it's covered in Tabasco sauce. I didn't see these listed as problems in the Lunesta literature and in general I'm exceptionally healthy so I'm kind of wondering what's going on.

I'm glad you are having success with Lunesta. It's so wonderful to get a good night's sleep.

4. Have you tried cutting down your dose to 2mg? Since they come in 1mg, 2mg and 3mg it sounds like you are at the top of the dosing. Have you tried Ambien? While I like it, I have concerns with using it over the long term, whereas Lunesta is approved for long term use. Let me know what happens at your doc!

5. That is such a good idea! I never even thought to do that!

I too am concerned about the long terms affects and worry about dependency. I am trying to get an appointment with an acupuncturist to see if the more natural approach will be helpful.

Thanks so much for your suggestion.:flowers:

6. Cool, let me know how it goes. You may do find on a lower dose. Insomnia is the worst, I feel your pain.