Luggage Tag & Heat Stamp Qs

1. Lol, sry for so many Qs, but I understand heat stamp is a service provide by LV free of charge. But i am not sure if i want to heat stamp on the bag it self just yet, so like others suggest i could get a luggage tag and get it stamp to see if i really like it.

What are the size and price of luggage tags?
    How long until colored heat stamp fades?
    Once color fades, will LV touch up for free/is it even possible?
    If touch up is allow, can i pick another color?
    Can I repaint if the color fades, if so what brand/type of paint?

Many Thanks~

2. yes, questions i would also like to know the answer to. also...saw someone mention they wanted to heatstamp the zipper pull of their speedy. would the zipper pull on the speedy 25 even be big enough?

3. may be for one inital will be ok? I've gone through Heat Stamp club and saw some fab stamps, someone also mention crown, chinese letters. Irissy also got her name (4 letters) stamped on her pap's strap which i thought was awsome!

4. yes, i saw that! it would be awesome if they had other little characters rather than just letters...like how cute would a little embossed heart be?!

5. size of tags: small and large. price: small is $35 i think. i dont know what large is, but i'm assuming it's $50ish. my large one came with my keepall.
    how long? i don't know really. but if you've seen vintage LV luggage pieces with the painting/etc, you'll see that the color lasts for decades!
    the other 2 questions i would direct to your SA at the boutique, or the person that does the stamping (at my boutique, i could talk to him and specify what i want, if i wanted to).

and you could repaint it yourself if you wanted to, but i dont see the point, considering LV does this service for free.

HTH's.

6. size of tags: small and large. price: small is $35 i think. i dont know what large is, but i'm assuming it's $50ish. my large one came with my keepall.
    how long? i don't know really. but if you've seen vintage LV luggage pieces with the painting/etc, you'll see that the color lasts for decades!
    the other 2 questions i would direct to your SA at the boutique, or the person that does the stamping (at my boutique, i could talk to him and specify what i want, if i wanted to).

and you could repaint it yourself if you wanted to, but i dont see the point, considering LV does this service for free.

HTH's.

7. size of tags: small and large. price: small is $35 i think. i dont know what large is, but i'm assuming it's $50ish. my large one came with my keepall.

HTH's.

8. oh uh~ triple post, frozen7313, u must post it right around back up time, but thanks for respond! dont' think the two LV(S5V &b NM) here offer heat stamp in store, but it's worth asking :smile:

9. lol yea it was during the back up.. and my internet died around that time, so i was like freaking out. haha.

ask your stores even if they don't do it in-store. they should give you the same information and let you know where they send it to get it stamped.

10. bump^^;

11. curious myself.... i didn't go through with my own heatstamping cuz my store was insane over the holidays...wonder what kinds of options we really have..

12. sounds like a trip to LV tomorrow, haha. will it be possibl to 'cool stamp' Miroirs lines? It'd be stunning, but i highly doubt.....perhaps Vernis?

13. sigh. really. does anyone else believe me? lol...

colors: brown, gold, yellow, green, neon green, blue, turquoise, pink, red, purple, white, black, gray, no color, and a whole bunch more.

sizes: 2: large and small.

fonts: 1 type of font. looks like times new roman.

locations: anywhere flat and thin. that being: luggage tags, agendas, wallets, papillion straps, the part that attaches a handbag to the handles, clochettes, speedy/keepall ends of zippers (on the other side of the 'made in __ louis vuitton')... belts have been done too. on the inside, or on the outside. hard luggage has been done as well.. but that's usually painting, not heatstamping.

cost: FREE!!

14. you can stamp whatever they allow you to.. like i said, mostly flat and thin services, because it needs to be able to fit in the machine. it's still called 'heatstamping' because the process applies heat with the initial to the product so that the stamp is imprinted. using cold will do nothing but make the product very cold.

vernis is also possible. some members have done it on mat, glace, and i think i remember seeing vernis as well. think of heatstamping as the same as branding cattle. in theory, it's the same.. using heat and metal shaped like a letter/etc to permanently mark the leather.

15. I've seen heat stamps on vernis, but that's in the interior of agenda, so it's not really the Vernis that gets heat stamp. thank for explaining!