Luco Tote?

1. Was there a smaller version of the Luco Tote made in the 80's or 90's?? I found one at an estate sale however I don't know if it is authentic. The size is approx. 10 x 14 x 4. Any information you give me would be most helpful. Thank you. b.t.w., I'm new here.... ;)

2. Hello welcome:flowers: sorry, I don't know if it existed but do you have it with you? If you post some pics especially the LV trademark and date code (if it has one), we might be able to help:yes:

3. This was taken with my camera phone. I hope these details help. Thank you!

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg
  4. Also, I could not find the date code.

5. looks okay. it could've been a vavin GM... as that's often considered a smaller version of the luco.

6. It's not a Vavin PM or GM ,as a Vavin PM has 3 x 3 rows of LVs and the GM has 4 x 4 rows of LVs. Correct me if I'm wrong but the side seam looks 'unLV' cos the flowers should be more symmetrical. If this is real it would be in late 90's cos of the mobile phone pouch. Can you take a closer pic of the LV heatstamp inside the bag,if there's a date code it might be behind the D-ring ? Thanks.:smile:

7. I dunno, I thought I remembered there only being the 2 vavin's and the lucco in that group, the d ring looks kinda off in size too but that could be distorted from the picture angle?

8. I checked behind the D-ring and I could not find a date code. The heat stamp on the inside zipper pocket says "Louis Vuitton Paris Made in France". I'm starting to think this is a fake because I was thinking the same thing about the side seam no being asymetrical. But the bag does not feel fake and plastic like. In fact, it feels like a real LV but they've got good counterfits out there. I'm just wondering if this design is one that really existed or if it was just "made up". What do you think? :shrugs:

9. Is there a tab inside the pocket(zippered one)?

10. I saw this bag over the weekend at futureshop, i was wondering myself if she was carrying an authentic bag, i'm not very familiar with this style. But here are some pic's from Elux
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Here are pic's from a My poupette reseller so its authentic.
    I see from her pic's the date code is behind/under the D ring. That might have changed though with hte new bags. I know this changed with the Mezzo/I think it was.

Also it seems to my like your seams arent correct like this bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. That is the Luco Tote with the 4 rows of LV's. The bag I have looks just like that but smaller with 3 rows. I heard somewhere that they made a smaller version of the Luco Tote back in the 80's or 90's but I don't know how true that information is.

I've checked inside every pocket of the bag and I still can't find the tag with the date code. Do you think that more than likely this is a fake? :wondering

13. well that bag is from the 99.
    I have a book here and i'll see if there is anything in there.
    I know there is a pm and gm Vavin.. similar style bag.

How much did you pay for this bag?

14. Your bag
    [​IMG]

Vavin GM
    [​IMG]
    I will A$$ume this auction is fake
    that is where i got this bag from

the inside of that bag above is just like yours and the inside the vavin gm should be the same as the PM

15. I have a friend that works with someone that knows a great deal about LV purse designs so I had her ask for me. She said that this bag is called the Medium Luco tote made possibly in the late 80's to early 90's. The one I have may be a copy cat from that time period. I paid $100 for it at an estate sale. Do you see anything in your book on the Medium Luco Tote?