Lucky Shops 2007

1. I just got an email from Lucky regarding the annual shopping event. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.luckyshops.com/tickets.cfm

I've heard they had great deals on shoes and bags last year. So, who is going this year? :smile:

-----
    What is LUCKY SHOPS 2007? LUCKY SHOPS is a shopping event hosted by LUCKY Magazine. Like the pages of the magazine, the event features a wide range of our favorite designers and shops, most selling current and off-season items at up to 70% off retail. While you’re there enjoy: complimentary cocktails* from our lounge, great music, sponsor giveaways and a gift bag ($100+ value!), packed with terrific products and samples.

Where is it? Metropolitan Pavilion
    125 West 18th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues)
    New York, NY

When is it?

VIP Shopping Party: October 25, 6 pm - 9 pm (tickets are limited)
    First Dibs Friday: October 26, 12 pm - 7 pm
    Saturday Shop-a-thon: October 27, 10 am - 7 pm

Why is it happening? We love to shop, especially for a cause!
    This year’s charity partner is Baby Buggy®, Baby Buggy is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing New York City's families in need with essential equipment, clothing, and products for their infants and young children. With a network of over 80 social services sites, they have donated nearly 2 million items to thousands of children.

2. Sounds like a good reason to visit NYC. Has anyone gone before?

3. I wonder if the VIP $250 is worth it?

4. I'm wondering the same? Did anyone go last year? What did they have & what were the prices?

5. I wonder if part of the ticket is deductible since proceeds go to charity.

6. Wow they have a really good list of vendors ALREADY!

<table id="vendorsTable" style="margin: 20px 0pt; width: 850px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding-right: 5px;">
    • Alexis Bittar
    • Alice Ritter<!--
    • Balenciaga -->
    • Belle by Sigerson Morrison
    • Bing Bang
    • Botkier
    • Bluefly.com
    • Catherine Malandrino
    • Charlotte Ronson
    • C.H.A.R.M
    • Chloé
    • Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker
    • Cynthia Rowley
    • 12th Street by Cynthia Vincent
    • Daryl K
    </td> <td style="padding-right: 15px;">
    • Derek Lam
    • Designed To Shine Ring Collection
    • Devi Kroell
    • Erickson Beamon
    • Foley + Corinna
    • Giambattista Valli
    • Hanii Y
    • Havianas
    • Helen Ficalora
    • J Brand
    • Jill Stuart
    • Kipling
    • Kooba
    • Lacoste
    </td> <td style="padding-right: 5px;">
    • Lee Angel
    • London Sole
    • MNG by Mango
    • Marc by Marc Jacobs
    • Marc Jacobs Accessories
    • Miguel Ases
    • Mulberry
    • Narciso Rodriguez
    • Nicholas K
    • Nine West
    • Onitsuka Tiger
    • Origins
    • Rafe
    • Rafe for Chevy Malibu
    </td> <td style="padding-right: 5px;">
    • Rebecca Taylor
    • Sari Gueron
    • See by Chloé
    • Serfontaine<!--
    • Sunsilk -->
    • Stella McCartney
    • Sydney Evan
    • Tevrow + Chase
    • Theory
    • Theory Accessories
    • Timex®
    • Tory Burch Accessories
    • Twinkle
    • Vena Cava
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

7. ^^Dear Lord, what is "Rafe for Chevy Malibu"? First he licenses his name to Target...now Chevy??

8. I went last year on the second day and I highly recommend going towards the end of the sale (or going again). The selection is smaller but the price reductions are huge! I got a pair of J Brand jeans for less than $100, a Theory top for $19, an AC city tote for $165 and a Botkier Bombay Satchel for $225. Earlier in the sale, the AC was $250 and the Bombay was $325. The place is a bit chaotic but there are so many booths -- jewelry, clothing, bags, shoes, jeans. It's really fun.

9. I went last year on the second day too. It was a bit of a madhouse, but I scored a great Theory bag and kicked myself for not picking up something from Botkier.

The gift bag was a bit random - a Hillary by Hillary Duff candle, Wet & Wild nail polish, a Jeep ear bud, and Danielle Steele body lotion to name a few. :confused1:

I'm buying my ticket for this year right now.

10. I keep wanting to go but I miss this every year. Maybe this will be the year! I'm thinking of going on Friday, but sounds like the deals are best on Saturday. Hmmm, anyone else have suggestions...?

11. Can you go in the morning of the 2nd day leave and come back or is it once you go have to stay or else pay for a 2nd ticket? I have never figured this out- i went last year and it was not so good as the year before. year before was incredible. My friend who goes every year said every year it gets a little worse.

12. Sat - that stinks last week it was thursday night for extra pay and friday with incredible mark downs - that' not so great

last friday there was still really good stuff left overs and they marked them way down

thsi year by sat night there will be nothing good left

13. So is it definantly worth it? I'm thinking of going to the Satyurday one and would love to stock up on havianas as well as get some MJ and Botkier goodies. Is it like crowded when you get there 1st thing in the morning and is that the best time to go?And do they have a good selection of things in all sizes?

14. I've found these events a waste of time, money and effort. The cost of a ticket could be put towards the purchase of a really good item.

15. i agree- they have diluted it by adding the sat. You could go on Friday at 4pm -track things and then when they reduced prices still get really great things at discount -- now won't be so great. Also last year vendors turned up with things that hadn't sold. overstock-- the year before mj had great coats but last year it was just out of season stuff