Loving clothes more than bags these days?

I think clothes are as important as bags. I don't know about you, but when you see a really horribly dressed woman (like, really sloppy) carrying a logo-ed bag, do you not go ":huh:"?? It's not about judging anyone, it's just that sometimes, I get shocked that people don't dress as well to look great with their bags. I think it's both complementing each other.

That said, I've been buying loads of clothes these days.. Gah. Calvin Klein and Marc by Marc Jacobs are not doing me any good!

I think many of us go in cycles. I go from bags to shoes to clothes and back again!

Yep, that's exactly how I am. I'll go through phases/cycles throughout the year. Usually it's clothes, bags, clothes, shoes, accessories, clothes, bags. I probably go through the bag phase once, maybe twice, a year because I'll buy several bags I know I can use year around.

Clothes>Purses, always.

I love bags, but with your clothing, you have so many options, and you are in complete control of all of them. As an artist-type, I find the whole premise fascinating. Bags are more of a vanity item or conversation piece/status symbol, albeit often a key accent to the perfect outfit. I spend more on clothes than bags. Although, you get more mileage for your money with designer bags, I'd rather own a McQueen dress than a Gucci purse. *shrugs* I also believe that carrying a $2k bag while wearing clothing from the Gap looks kind of ridiculous. If you don't have the wardrobe to back up the look, don't bother. I know it sounds harsh, but so many times I see women sport D&G sunglasses or a Chanel tote (likely fake) with hideous, cheap clothing and it looks so incongruent that it's painful.

Ive been buying more clothes than bags recently. I am currently content with my collection, as well there has not been any bags recently that have been catching my eye. Since I am getting older, ive been trying to build a new wardrobe, as well a wardrobe due to the fact I had worn uniforms for the last four years!

I've always bought more clothes and shoes than bags and always will. My shopping spree at the Prada sale last Friday bought me a runway suit (see avatar -- woohoo), and a pair of shoes, a winter coat and a sweater for my husband, all for less than 2 of the patent bags I had my eye on earlier this fall which sold out at full price. I love great clothes and would much rather spend $$ on them.