Love crossbody club!

Quartzite,
Have you noticed that there are two listings for Black with Silver HW on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Minkoff-Love-Silver-Hardware/dp/B01B4Q4D9C/
https://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Minkoff-Womens-Love-Cross/dp/B00S88NIEQ/

One is quite a bit cheaper than the other. I noticed that there seems two types of leather used for Love; one is smooth and soft, the other grained/textured and hard. I personal prefer the former, but the latter seems more durable. Maybe above two listings are for different types of leather? None of the listing anywhere on the web differentiate the two types of the leather, so it's hard to tell which one you are getting until you receive it. It's good to buy from a place like Amazon with free returns in case you don't like the type of leather you get.

I ended up returning the Oil Slick one. It was a bit harder to coordinate than the Black with Gold HW. For example, when I wore a maxi dress with Chevron mattern in black, white, and red, the Oil Slick HW did not go well with it, it just made look too "busy". But if you wear any neutral colors, or pick colors that belong to the "rainbows", then it looks pretty good. Amazon had it for ~$230 for a couple of days (the price went up today), so thought about getting it again, but then thought I don't really need two black Loves. :smile:

I gave up on the Oil Slick Love. One of the major reasons I returned the first Oil Slick I had ordered was, it had a pretty noticeable white sticker that says "recyclable" on the interior lining (on the card pocket), and I'm sure it does not belong there. But it doesn't want to come off without leaving sticky residue. I ended up re-ordering the Oil Slick, but the second one had the exact same problem. If you look at the Oil Slick thread, many people who have bought Oil Slick bags (not just the Love) are complaining about the same thing. Some people don't care because it's inside the bag, but I care, so I gave up. It's a very pretty bag, though, so I'm disappointed. I hope RM will fix this problem eventually, and then I might order another one. FYI, I ordered the first one directly from RM website, and the second one from Zappo.

I used to have a silver love and sold it on ebay. I loved it but I just wasn't getting a lot of use out of it because of the size. Recently they came out with a jumbo size, at least I just saw it in Nordstrom. Does any one have it and use it regularly. How do you like it, is it awkward to carry or use.It it a good daily use bag?

I used to have a silver love and sold it on ebay. I loved it but I just wasn't getting a lot of use out of it because of the size. Recently they came out with a jumbo size, at least I just saw it in Nordstrom. Does any one have it and use it regularly. How do you like it, is it awkward to carry or use.It it a good daily use bag?

I have both the jumbo and the regular size and I like the jumbo better, you can fit more things into it and it's better looking imo. can get heavy though if you overstuff it, which is pretty easy to do because it's a jumbo size! I also like the chevron better than the diamond quilt.

Here's my awesome jumbo, geo quilted [emoji182][emoji173]️[emoji77]
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468089530.117657.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468089540.189391.jpg

Last edited:
I have both the jumbo and the regular size and I like the jumbo better, you can fit more things into it and it's better looking imo. can get heavy though if you overstuff it, which is pretty easy to do because it's a jumbo size! I also like the chevron better than the diamond quilt.

View attachment 3404489
View attachment 3404490

Here's the small family of love [emoji16]

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468090578.587510.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468090592.827127.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468090601.516570.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468090610.019995.jpg

View attachment 3404489
View attachment 3404490
It is fabulous! I am still debating. My other hold out is the color, it seems to only come in black and silver/grey presently - right now I don't "need" any more of those colors in bags. If I were to get it now, I am sure I would go for the black.

Quartzite,
Have you noticed that there are two listings for Black with Silver HW on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Minkoff-Love-Silver-Hardware/dp/B01B4Q4D9C/
https://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Minkoff-Womens-Love-Cross/dp/B00S88NIEQ/

One is quite a bit cheaper than the other. I noticed that there seems two types of leather used for Love; one is smooth and soft, the other grained/textured and hard. I personal prefer the former, but the latter seems more durable. Maybe above two listings are for different types of leather? None of the listing anywhere on the web differentiate the two types of the leather, so it's hard to tell which one you are getting until you receive it. It's good to buy from a place like Amazon with free returns in case you don't like the type of leather you get.
Hi mika! Thanks for the links and advice! I finally decided against the black with silver hardware, as the silver stood out way too much for frequent usage to me. I decided to go with the gunmetal hardware, it has such a subtle look that I love!

I ended up returning the Oil Slick one. It was a bit harder to coordinate than the Black with Gold HW. For example, when I wore a maxi dress with Chevron mattern in black, white, and red, the Oil Slick HW did not go well with it, it just made look too "busy". But if you wear any neutral colors, or pick colors that belong to the "rainbows", then it looks pretty good. Amazon had it for ~$230 for a couple of days (the price went up today), so thought about getting it again, but then thought I don't really need two black Loves. :smile:

I gave up on the Oil Slick Love. One of the major reasons I returned the first Oil Slick I had ordered was, it had a pretty noticeable white sticker that says "recyclable" on the interior lining (on the card pocket), and I'm sure it does not belong there. But it doesn't want to come off without leaving sticky residue. I ended up re-ordering the Oil Slick, but the second one had the exact same problem. If you look at the Oil Slick thread, many people who have bought Oil Slick bags (not just the Love) are complaining about the same thing. Some people don't care because it's inside the bag, but I care, so I gave up. It's a very pretty bag, though, so I'm disappointed. I hope RM will fix this problem eventually, and then I might order another one. FYI, I ordered the first one directly from RM website, and the second one from Zappo.
I saw the Oil Slick Love on sale as well! I'm so sorry that it didn't work out :sad: I had just bought the Oil Slick Mini MAC (which I absolutely adore), but I didn't feel that that hardware would suit the Love, for the types of usage I intended for it. RM's Oil Slick hardware is SO gorgeous, and is perfect for the Mini MAC, but I felt that the Love required something not so bright for the outfits I would be pairing it with. My Oil Slick Mini MAC also came with that strange recyclable sticker on the inside pocket, that I had to slowly and gently peel off. Luckily I didn't feel any residue left behind, but I'm positive there would be remnants that I just cannot detect. I'm not sure why they would put that sticker there when something similar could just be attached as a tag.

Quartzite,
Thanks for your reply! I actually re-purchased another Oil Slick Love, hoping this one might not have the white recyclable sticker. Amazon has 30% off for Prime members, today only, for the Oil Slick Love, and the price comes down to ~$220 + tax, so I thought I'd give it another try. Too bad that your Mini Mac had the same thing, but glad to hear you were able to remove the sticker without any obvious residue. I didn't try to remove it from the first Love, but I removed it from the second one (slowly and gently), but still it left obvious residue. If the 3rd one comes with the sticker again, I'd try to remove it and hopefully there would be no residue this time.

Quartzite,
Thanks for your reply! I actually re-purchased another Oil Slick Love, hoping this one might not have the white recyclable sticker. Amazon has 30% off for Prime members, today only, for the Oil Slick Love, and the price comes down to ~$220 + tax, so I thought I'd give it another try. Too bad that your Mini Mac had the same thing, but glad to hear you were able to remove the sticker without any obvious residue. I didn't try to remove it from the first Love, but I removed it from the second one (slowly and gently), but still it left obvious residue. If the 3rd one comes with the sticker again, I'd try to remove it and hopefully there would be no residue this time.

Thanks for posting the prime discount. Guess
I have a couple more hours to decide.