Louis Vuitton SA says my Speedy is Fake, won't do repair

Also, if you can, try to go to a different LV store. I had a similar experience with a vintage Epi speedy, Orlando (new store at the time) told me it was definitely fake and NYC (long established store) said it was authentic, but vintage.

Good luck! Just dropped in to say that your speedy is beautiful and makes me want to go out and buy one now just to see what it will look like in 20+ years. The canvas is something else entirely.

Happened to me with my etoile shopper. Not a super common item but recent (relative to some beautiful vintage item). The SA was one I'd never seen in that store before and said the quilting was "off" when I took it for a small repair. And then shoved the bag back across the counter and rolled his eyes muttering something about counterfeits.

It was a bit offensive and I had him pull up my account to see I'd purchased the bag at that very location! They don't all know everything and to be fair there's a lot to know but his rudeness was what was unacceptable. Even if I'd been scammed by, say, am eBay seller, you could tell me more politely. That's a blow that could use some cushioning. The manager apologized but still!

All to say, I wouldn't take their comments as absolute truth especially on a vintage bag and I can imagine how it felt to hear that...hope it works out well.

Most of the SAs are CLUELESS!!!! I am NOT kidding. I recently ordered a mon mono over the phone and she didn't know what invert the letters meant. She kept thinking it was rearrange the letters. I was like, O.M.G!! When I explained she was like ooooooo your really good at this. :-O

Ok, here are a few photos. I'd appreciate any and all opinions.
I agree with what others have said. Take it back or to a different store, ask for the manager or call LV Client Services and select the repair option, and talk to someone else about sending in for repair. It is a very nice looking vintage Speedy, and even more special from your Aunt. Keep us posted.