Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas & Leather Petit Bucket Bag -Sticky lining

Prettyn

O.G.
Dec 9, 2013
I recently bought a beautiful Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas & Leather Petit Bucket Bag on Ebay but the lining is sticky? It was made in 2000. Would LV still replace the lining and would this be costly?

I bought a vintage LV jeune fille which was in really good condition but the lining was already starting to peel. I initially contacted the seller to return it, but was convinced to keep it after seeing some repairs which can be done. I thought if relining it with leather but went with self-adhesive felt paper from Michaels.

https://www.michaels.com/creatology-peel-and-stick-felt/M10572180.html

It took about an hour to cut and stick the lining to the 3 pockets (front, inside and back). I am very happy with the results!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 2,011
Reactions: KLMILLER715
I bought a vintage LV jeune fille which was in really good condition but the lining was already starting to peel. I initially contacted the seller to return it, but was convinced to keep it after seeing some repairs which can be done. I thought if relining it with leather but went with self-adhesive felt paper from Michaels.

It took about an hour to cut and stick the lining to the 3 pockets (front, inside and back). I am very happy with the results!

Nice! Did not think of that, thanks for sharing :smile:

I also got a bucket in eBay from 1998 with beautiful Outside but sticky inside. I asked LV for the price of a relining and they told me it would be around 300€. I bought the bag for the fantastic price of 90€ so I thought It wont hurt me that much making some experiments and so went on to reline it myself. It took me a day of work, but finally i am so happy with it. Relined it with beige microfibre cloth which is normally used for sofas and is equal to the microfibre Material in Original LV bags.

What a great job you did.

I also got a bucket in eBay from 1998 with beautiful Outside but sticky inside. I asked LV for the price of a relining and they told me it would be around 300€. I bought the bag for the fantastic price of 90€ so I thought It wont hurt me that much making some experiments and so went on to reline it myself. It took me a day of work, but finally i am so happy with it. Relined it with beige microfibre cloth which is normally used for sofas and is equal to the microfibre Material in Original LV bags.

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing Trully24 :smile:

I just now did the same on a beautiful 1990s Monceau whose inside zipper pocket was sticky. Now it's perfect - problem solved! Thanks for the great idea!

I just now did the same on a beautiful 1990s Monceau whose inside zipper pocket was sticky. Now it's perfect - problem solved! Thanks for the great idea!

Am just amazed with the creativity and resourcefulness of some you--this is my favorite part of the site---thx for sharing.