Louis Vuitton Denim Baggy...Any Idea How Old?

1. Can anyone tell me when LV came out with the denim Baggy? Was it in 2001 or earlier? Also, were the date codes on the earlier models different than the later models?

Thanks!

2. I think that it was mid 2005 because I distinctly remember checking out the Denim bags, including the Baggy PM, back in October 2005 at the main LV store on the Champs Elysees in Paris.

3. Thanks, but I'm most positive they came out years earlier than 2005...

4. Just received confirmation on this from LV Customer Service... The Denim collection was released as part of the Spring/Summer 2005 collection, and was another Marc Jacobs collaboration effort with LV.

5. Hi Expy00 - thanks again. I also called Louis Vuitton and was told that the Denim Baggy was released in Spring/Summer 2005 for the USA, but that it could also have been released much earlier in other countries.

Apparently Louis Vuitton will release a certain bag in one country or more and if it does well, they will release it in other countries. Who knew?

6. You're welcome. Usually Europe gets the bags from a new collection released ahead of time before the rest of the world. From what I've seen, it's usually a few weeks ahead of the US though. The prototype bags from a Runway Show are a whole different matter though.

7. thought it came out after the speedy which came out in 2005,
    YES 2005.. I just looked on my blue denim baggy pm.

8. That's the problem I was having with this bag. Louis Vuitton releases their bags at different times throughout the world. The Denim bags were not released in the USA until 2005. But it was released in other parts of world years before.