Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

I'm actually thinking about purchasing an LV wallet. I looked at the zippy and the sarah wallets in either rouge or pomme vernis. I like that the zippy has compartments big enough for a phone since a purse can sometimes get in the way, but I like the look of the sarah over the zippy. Any other suggestion wallets?
Newbie member! :P

I'm in the same predicament. I am a newbie here too. I love the look of the Eugenie wallet, BUT, I like the look and practicality of the Zippy. GL with your decision, and welcome....

I'm in the same predicament. I am a newbie here too. I love the look of the Eugenie wallet, BUT, I like the look and practicality of the Zippy. GL with your decision, and welcome....
I was looking at the Eugenie too but I was a bit worried that the snap closure would lose it's "snap". Meaning that the buckle closure would not close properly or all the way with daily wear.. Has anyone else had that problem?
Also is it hard to put cash in the side pockets of the zippy? I hate fumbling around with cash when the cashier gives me back my change :/

Hi, I'm new to collecting and might get 2-3 bags soon to start it off. All pre-owned. LV isn't my favorite but i'd like to get at least one bag from them. I'm not fond of the DE pattern though.

Which LV should I get? I'm thinking about the Mono Papillon 30 or a Bedford in Beige. Also should I get a Speedy brand new or pre-owned?

I also like designs from Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Prada, Gucci, etc. I definitely LOVE Burberry but can't find a classic one that's pre-owned.

I'm new to this site and Louis Vuitton. Finally after years of fantasizing about one, I'm getting one! My uncle ordered me the Trevi GM and it should be getting here Wednesday. Is the Trevi a good first LV bag?

I'm new to this site and Louis Vuitton. Finally after years of fantasizing about one, I'm getting one! My uncle ordered me the Trevi GM and it should be getting here Wednesday. Is the Trevi a good first LV bag?
I'm new as well to LV. I think thats unique and definitely cute for a first LV since from what I gathered, everyone usually gets the neverfull or the speedy as their first. I just ordered the Vernis Bedford to make it my first. Congrats on the new bag.

I'm new as well to LV. I think thats unique and definitely cute for a first LV since from what I gathered, everyone usually gets the neverfull or the speedy as their first. I just ordered the Vernis Bedford to make it my first. Congrats on the new bag.

It is a cute bag! I want to get a Vernis piece but haven't made the plunge yet.

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. My husband collects flashlights on CPF and is helping me to get started :smile: I love Louis Vuitton and my four dogs! Here's a picture of my puppies stuff,

p1030682r.jpg

Looking forward to spending time here :wave:

Thanks
Tracey

Love the items for your dog....he/she is definitely in style! I have always wanted a carrier for my dog but there would be no way he would stay in there. He is a such a lap dog.:smile:

Hi, i'm looking forward to getting a Speedy on December but I don't know whether I should get it new at a store or just online because I heard that some bags have different quality now compared to the older ones. Anyone else heard about this?

Just sharing. I was looking for a perfect LV crossbody bag last June/July (before Speedy B came to picture). I was leaning towards Menilmontant back then, but found myself purchasing this Cruise Collection Saumur Flore.

I love it sooo much! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_1557.JPG
    IMG_1557.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_2089.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 377
Just joined! I wish I came here when my aunt gave me my first and so far, only, LV, the limited edition monogram Neo. It's a great bag, I love it. Before the Neo, I was using locally made handbags and Sierra backpacks to carry around my things. I'm a very practical person, and never thought about owning a luxury item like an LV bag. It's actually very out of character for me. But since owning an LV bag, I can't imagine going back my old floppy handbags and backpacks.

The Neo has a huge capacity, and I use it to regularly cart around 20-30 lbs of stuff with me every day. On a typical day, I have my wallet, iPad, cell phone, iPod, wireless routers, chargers, correspondence, notepads, change of clothes, DSLR camera, and camera lenses into my bag.

And for the last year, it's been my sole handbag. I use it every day. I take it to work, dinners, construction sites, yoga studios, travel, etc. And after a year of heavy use, with no spills or carelessness, it's still showing wear and tear. Understandable given my use, but I wish I knew about this forum and learned about how to protect my bag a bit more against wear and tear. The bottom and edges are scuffed and showing a lot of wear. And now that I'm really thinking about it, I really regret not taking care of my bag better, given how much it cost.

I'll do what I can right now, but I'm still planning on using this bag until it falls apart. But in the meantime, I will plan and save up for my next bag.

What do you all recommend? I love the Neo for four reasons:

1) Huge capacity, can fit tablet computer, camera, camera lenses, change of clothes, and other odds and ends, all in one bag.
2) Multiple ways of wearing it. I am right-handed but carry on my left side. I prefer shoulder and elbow-carrying, but given that my bag frequently weighs 30 lbs, I love the fact that there's a wide heavy strap that I can wear on my shoulder or even crossbody.
3) It's a statement piece. It's beautiful and elegant. I use it like a workhorse, but I can also take it to the opera.
4) It's a fairly unusual model. One of the reasons why I am not considering a Neverfull is because I see too many of them in Los Angeles. I want something a little more unique.

Any ideas? I am not fixed on LV, but I do love having one. My budget at the moment is $800 for either new or pre-loved. For LV, I know that pretty much limits me to pre-loved pieces. But I have time, I have patience, and I'm willing to search and wait for the piece I really want.

Hi, i'm looking forward to getting a Speedy on December but I don't know whether I should get it new at a store or just online because I heard that some bags have different quality now compared to the older ones. Anyone else heard about this?

Im kind of in the same predicament as you. I want to get the mini pochette and thought if i got it over the website it may have a better chance of having the "made in ___" from france or spain then going to the store where as the LV stores in the US are switching to the tags. This is just a theory though.

Hi everyone,
My first post here, long time louis collector have a very small collection bulit up over 12 years, my last few years have been pretty slow on the louis front but my dear sister recently purchased a speedy 30 damier ebene, and its fab, so im on the hunt for my next bag, 1st wedding anniversary and christmas is coming so fingers crossed. Currently have mono ellipse backpaack( my first lv bought in 01 bought by my boyfriend who is now my husband) mono troutter pouch, mono pochette, epi pouchette, fushia vernis mott pouch, fuscia vernis sarah wallet, compact mono wallet, mini lin josephinepm ine wine, matching purse, white mc alma, bagnitolille horizontal, db bloomsbury pm, had a db papillion26 but sold it on ebay!! Regret it big time now.
I really want a db neverfull in either mm or gm, and cles and emilie wallet so there my hit list for the next few months.
So need to get saving.