Louis Vuitton: Boring?

If YOU like them, wear what you want!

In all honesty though, I do tend to agree. If I buy the same brand more than once, it has to be a completely different style or at the very least a different color/pattern.

I rotate my bags a lot so I don't get bored and I also like a variety. I don't see (example) having a Speedy bag in the mono canvas in a 25 and a 30 having two different bags at all. (To me) it's the exact same bag but one is slightly bigger and so even if I were rotating them, I don't think I'd feel like I was getting any kind of a change.

With that said, I do like LV and I own some, but I only own one monogram piece. I would only think Louis Vuitton is "boring" (as she put it) if all of my bags were mono. It does seem the same (to me) but honestly, I'd feel that way, no matter the brand. I wouldn't want all Chanel Cambon bags with the huge C or all monogram Gucci bags if that makes sense.

bagaddict503 : looks like you have great memory in remembering what LouisVObsession posted :smile:.

I think LV is classic, and I love LV because the model is long lasting unlike Gucci. At times, I want to buy Gucci bag but after rethink about it again, Gucci's model is always change every season/year.
For some people, may be they're tired of having LV because the model is just like that. It's true that Suhali model is pretty though but for some people it's too expensive.

Last, for the past few years, LV starts to add new model on its collection but still keep the classic model which is good. If people getting bored with the classic model, they can choose to buy LV seasonal model.

So far though, I only love one LV seasonal model from last year or 2 years ago (the pink one ^^).

Yeah... most people that don't get LV and think it's boring are only aware of Monogram Canvas. Perhaps you should enlighten her in the other lines? :idea:

This is true. Most people think LV is only monogram (and I am talking here in Europe!). Fakes have done a lot of damage to LV, as I said in a previous post, LV is often considered tacky and cheap (footballer's wives stuff). However, both LV and Gucci have a history of quality and craftsmanship in their own countries. French styles are usually more conservative sober and elegant than Italian styles, which are a bit more trendy , colorful and daring. I believe the weather has a lot to do with it, the more south you go the more colour and fantasy. An orange epi bucket looks rather out of place in Paris, but perfect for the Cote d'Azur...

LV is definitely boring for a 20 year old girl... fantastic for a 25 year old woman :rolleyes:

yes may be LV is boring that's why it's so famous that anywhere you look there's LV, real and fake. That nobody ever wants to have one.(real or fake)yeah it's soooooo boring.hahahaha:upsidedown: :whistle: :whistle: :supacool:

If LV were so boring they wouldn't be able to sell it for so much and have so many waitlists. I'm sure it's a case of your friend having seen only one style of damier or mono and thinking that's all there is to LV. Or, she may genuinely think that of the brand which is fine if that is her own opinion, so long as you are happy with your LV.

that's EXACTLY wat my sis said, when I asked her opinion on which LV bags are better looking before I buy, she always said "they all looked the same!", LV bags may be all similiar looking, but tat's one of the reason why that are more long lasting, like in another 10 or 20 yrs you can still wear them and be in style. I think that's why its worth the $$ for good quality + always in fashion LV bags!

I like LV because it's classic. I can honestly remember being a little kid in grammar school (I'm 34 now) and wondering what that pattern was on somebody's mom's bag. It will never go out of style. I don't consider that boring. It's just not as much of a here today/gone tomorrow trend.