Louboutins interpreted as art...

Butterfly*

Dancing with Myself
Jul 13, 2007
Here are some photos I came across and thought you gals might like to see as well. (..at the bottom of post) (Christian Louboutin / David Lynch Cocktail Party)

Also, here's a cute little interview:

The Stiletto

Christian Louboutin and Diane Von Furstenburg on the Stiletto

[SIZE=+1]I[/SIZE]t sticks in subway grates, snaps when you are walking home, late at night. And yet the stiletto is the shoe of New York: towering, a bit frivolous, elegant, gutsy. Diane Von Furstenberg and her best friend, shoe designer Christian Louboutin, describe its appeal.
CL: Stilettos are not done for running. I don't see why everybody always has to run. Who's running? It's a misunderstanding of life. There are very few reasons to run all day. It's mental! It's really mental! If you wear the stilettos, a man can . . . how you say, Diane?
DVF: Approach you. He has time. It's flirtatious. If you have good shoes, you master the stilettos. This is the secret of being a woman.
CL: It's a body language.
DVF: It's a total advantage. It's a gadget. It's a weapon in more ways than one.
CL: Sometimes people come to me and say I am blind to women's needs, high heels are so this and so that. Well, they wouldn't buy them if they didn't want to.
DVF: Shoes are something that give you joy!
A weapon of destruction and a weapon of seduction, too.
CL: It's really for women to help with the men. They notice you, they turn. They see hair, they see the sole of your shoe. It's a Suivez-moi, jeune homme. Do you know this? “Young man, follow me,” like the ladies who would drop the handkerchief.
DVF: Yes. The suivez-moi of the twentieth century.

Attachments

• Louboutins interpreted as art.jpg
    Louboutins interpreted as art.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 81
  • CL David Lynch.jpg
    CL David Lynch.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 86
  • CL David Lynch2.jpg
    CL David Lynch2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 90
  • CL David Lynch3.jpg
    CL David Lynch3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 90
  • CL David Lynch4.jpg
    CL David Lynch4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 67
I always have thought of CL shoes as art.

I think a lot of modern culture is about being "too busy" or "too practical" to enjoy appreciating art, including music, books, literature. I love to go to D.C. and wander the Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Museam, and Baltimore's Walter's Art Museam. My husband luckily likes modern art too. I think sometimes he thinks I'm a nut, but then when I compare one of the LE Fendi B-bags or a fendi shoe to a Calder mobile he (sort of) gets what I'm talking about. I mean, let's face it, a mobile is a mobile; you hang one over your baby's crib to make it laugh or to distract it when you're changing a diaper. But when it's hanging in the Hirshhorn Museam it's an incredible work of art. I can see why designers like CL and Diane Von Furstenberg (and heck, John Guilliano (sp?) and even Marc Jacobs feel they are creating "art" for the human body. Every artists' goal is to make a visual statement about something they feel.

I :heart: Louboutin, the man and the creations.
And DVF? She's saved a half-awake, half-drunk me from fashion faux pas many a time with her no-fail dresses. Kudos to her!