Louboutins for work?

1. is it comfy enough for work? can you walk alot in them?

2. Depends on the shoe and your definition of alot :yes: I am getting ready to buy a pair that are 4 inches. They are comfy, but I won't wear them when I have to go into DC on the metro. I have some with a 2 inch heel I would wear and CL does have espedrilles.

If your are talking about your classic CL 3-4 incher I would not wear them if I had alot of walking to do.

3. Most of my Louboutins are 4" high heels, so I normally don't wear them to work or walking long distances in the city. The ones that feel more comfortable and that I would be able to tolerate for a longer period are the lower heeled and rounder toe styles.

4. I have the pointy-toe Mary Janes and wear them to work no problem

5. i think it's managable. i wear them to go shopping all day long.

6. I wouldn't wear CL's to work. They are a little too sexy IMO and you can actually do damage to your feet and tendons if you wear them too long/too often.

7. CL has many pumps that are 80mm and lower which are great for work, both in terms of looks (style) and comfort. The round toes (closed), peep toes, sling backs would work equally well with suits, pencil skirts or pants. And best of all, CL shoes go easily from work to night for those cocktail events, hot dates etc.

8. I've worn most of my CLs at work, but do not have any of the 5 inch ones. Most of mine are closed toe so it's not that big of a problem. I don't wear my cataribbon espadrilles to work, but the other ones are fair game.

If you have a ton of walking or standing to do, then I don't recommend wearing high heels at work, unless you're already used to it. I spent about 90% of my day sitting in my chair so it's not a problem for me. :smile: I don't wear them walking to and from work either.

9. I agree.
    If I wear them, I always carry comfy flats around with me, because it is bad for your feet to wear them all the time.:wtf:

x

10. I have the decoltissimos in a 100 mm heel that I bought for work and while they are comfy, esp. for a pointed toe, I'm actually exchanging them for a simple pump or something similar, probably in a 85 mm heel. I wear the 4-5" in my personal time. Otherwise, I think 3-3.5" is the max for me in the hospital setting for not only comfort, but also maintaining professionalism.

I would suggest something perhaps with a little bit of a thicker heel too if you are worried about long-term comfort. I provided two photos of shoes I have. Like, I said I'm exchanging the decoltissimos for a diff. style or at least a 85 mm heel. The SOM1 is nice b/c while it is still a decent size heel, it's a bit thicker and easier to stand all day in. Unfortunately, I don't get to sit down at all unless it's to quickly eat lunch. lol

New Louboutins 006.jpg New Louboutins 010.jpg New Louboutins 008.jpg New Louboutins 012.jpg New Louboutins 013.jpg
  11. Here are some of my top picks for CL's suited for professional environments --
    * all relatively comfortable (more so than Decollete 868/Prive's/etc.)
    * all closed-toe/closed-heel classic pumps
    * all with 4-inch or lower (no higher) heels....some have the 100 in the nomenclature but actually measures 3.75-3.8 inches, a tad shy of 4 inches

These are the ones you don't find en masse in dept. stores and also my favorite work/professional styles.......

1) Pigalle 100 (4-inch Pigalle - totally walkable unlike the 5"/120mm version; sharp pointy-toe)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2) Wherever 100 (4-inch classic pump - the BEST toe-cut, not sharp/pointy, but not round either.....a CL signature cut......this shoe came with the block heel -- which is great for distance walking and/or more conservative office settings -- as well as the stiletto heel. This one is my favorite professional/work/interview shoe.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. 3) Clichy 100 (4-inch -- incredibly comfortable compared to the Decollete 868, which looks very similar from the front)......in BLACK leather or patent leather though (photos below show them in pewter)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4) Mata (round-toe like the "Simple" pump, block/chunky heel)

[​IMG]

13. Very cool Foxy. Thanks for the reference!

14. I love the Pigalle 100. Are those still available? I haven't seen them at Saks I don't think.

I wear my Prives to work but I don't have to walk too much. At the most I usually walk from where I park my car for 3 or 4 blocks or so and then go sit in a law office. I'm a court reporter. When I take depos I sometimes actually take off my shoes if nobody can see. However, I am usually sitting.

One day I had to very quickly get to the bank and back on a really hot day. I had a bad blister when I got home that day but it probably has to do with the fact that my Prives are a little loose due to my foot sliding down in them and that makes them rub. I think they'll be more comfortable and not let me feet slip when I put pads in them.

15. i love the look of the mata. it seems like it would actually be comfortable to wear for a while. does anyone know if this style is still available?? i think i saw a few on bluefly, but they weren't my size.