Louboutin deals in NYC

Capucine

O.G.
May 21, 2012
Hi ladies
This is my first time in NYC and I wanted some shopping tips.
Im looking for designer shoes (jimmy choo, louboutin, aquazzura, valentino...) and wanted to know where to find good deals ie sales, clearance, promotion.
I'm from Paris so usually things are cheaper, but we do not have many outlets and items do not go on sale so often.
Thank you!

How long are you in the city for? There are really only two times in the year where louboutins and the other big brands go on sale - late may / june and then a second time in late november / December. The discounts usually start at 30-40%.

Honestly, once you factor in that the prices in the US on an FX adjusted basis are higher than in the EU, and there is no tax refund scheme like the VAT here...the actual savings may not very large / meaningful, esp. if you get taxed on those items going back into the EU.

There may be one off items here and there but those typically arent out on the floor, and will be left over from prior sales. For those, you will probably need an SA from those stores to keep a lookout for you...I havent seen anything come across lately from my SAs in terms of leftover sale stock though.