Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

I love that song...I cried while I read it but it was empowering.

Please remember that no matter how bad things are, do what you have to do to do something nice for yourself every day. Something that you will enjoy, that will make you feel better. It may be something as simple as listening to a beloved piece of music, eating something delicious that you probably are not supposed to eat, but hey.

Even if you are so consumed by events that you have to sit down and make a list of things that make you feel good, and even if making that list is harder than a quadratic equation because you simply cannot imagine feeling good, do it anyway. You can always go back and add new things, even variations of things, to the list.

Then every day, pick something. It doesn't matter what it is, what anybody else thinks of it. If it is painting your toes pale blue or buying yourself a peony because even when you are given flowers it is never peonies and you love them. Maybe a nighttime drive, to go and look at the skyline of your city, maybe watching Jerry Springer and yelling with the audience, just something that will, even in the midst of the most trying, even horrific circumstances, make you feel good.

Do this whether you are in the mood or not. Fake it till you make it. It will not solve your problems, but it will help keep you from joining them and becoming one of them, and once this has all passed, it will help you to emerge from it with something very vital, very primordial in you, not only still whole and intact, but enhanced.

Please remember that no matter how bad things are, do what you have to do to do something nice for yourself every day. Something that you will enjoy, that will make you feel better. It may be something as simple as listening to a beloved piece of music, eating something delicious that you probably are not supposed to eat, but hey.

Even if you are so consumed by events that you have to sit down and make a list of things that make you feel good, and even if making that list is harder than a quadratic equation because you simply cannot imagine feeling good, do it anyway. You can always go back and add new things, even variations of things, to the list.

Then every day, pick something. It doesn't matter what it is, what anybody else thinks of it. If it is painting your toes pale blue or buying yourself a peony because even when you are given flowers it is never peonies and you love them. Maybe a nighttime drive, to go and look at the skyline of your city, maybe watching Jerry Springer and yelling with the audience, just something that will, even in the midst of the most trying, even horrific circumstances, make you feel good.

Do this whether you are in the mood or not. Fake it till you make it. It will not solve your problems, but it will help keep you from joining them and becoming one of them, and once this has all passed, it will help you to emerge from it with something very vital, very primordial in you, not only still whole and intact, but enhanced.

Wow....thank you ShimmaPuff!!!:heart: I am so touched

This poem has been a favorite of mine since I was a teen...
Hugs and prayers to you SonyaPhi...

After A While [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]by Veronica A. Shoffstall

After a while you learn
the subtle difference between
holding a hand and chaining a soul
and you learn
that love doesn't mean leaning
and company doesn't always mean security.
And you begin to learn
that kisses aren't contracts
and presents aren't promises
and you begin to accept your defeats
with your head up and your eyes ahead
with the grace of woman, not the grief of a child
and you learn
to build all your roads on today
because tomorrow's ground is
too uncertain for plans
and futures have a way of falling down
in mid-flight.
After a while you learn
that even sunshine burns
if you get too much
so you plant your own garden
and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone
to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure
you really are strong
you really do have worth
and you learn
and you learn
with every goodbye, you learn...

[/FONT]

Lots of hugs for you and please know that we're all here for you. Everything will work out in time. I know it sounds cliche because things are incredibly hard right now, but they WILL work out. But we're thinking of you and want nothing but the best for you and your children.
((Hugs))

SonyaPhi, I'd just like to say: You'll Never Walk Alone.

This is the anthem of the football club I follow, Liverpool FC - from "Oklahoma":

.:: You'll Never Walk Alone ::.
When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm,
There's a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown...
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone... You'll never walk alone.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone...
You'll never walk alone

Unquote

Best wishes

SonyaPhi, I just noticed it's your birthday today.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY. i hope you are feeling better... i know it'll be a tough, rocky road ahead of you... but we all here care about you and only wish the best for you and your kids.