Losing weight!

1. I need people's opinions! And any past experience would be greatly appreciated. I want to lose 40lbs in three months (about 13lbs a month) Is this possible on a healthy diet? ( I really don't want to starve myself)
    Has anyone else managed to lose this amount of weight in that period of time? Thanks for your help! :shame:

2. hello neroli,

13lbs does sound a bit excessive in my opinion, I am overweight my self by 50lbs I joined curves and I've lost 2 lbs per week so far I've lost 30lbs with a healthly diet using the food groups and excerise.......

3. I don't think it's particularly healthy to lose that much weight in such a short period of time. My MIL lost about that much in a slightly longer time per. on the Dr. B diet. She looked sickly and was exhausted most of the time. All I ever saw her put in her mouth was water and salad. But the weight came off.

I have had success with no-carb diets in the past. Serious calorie restrictions too. Take your vitamins and drink lots of water.

4. You can healthily lose 1-3 lbs a week (more like 2). That would put you at 8 lbs a month and 24 lbs in 3 months. That is the best way to keep off the weight also and not teeter-toter up and down.

5. Good advice, Megs!

6. You don't have to starve yourself. BUT you need to make sacrifies. You need to invest more time at the gym and cut back on the amount of food you eat and the kind of food you eat.

Losing weight is easy...maintaining it is the hard part.

If you don't mind, can you write down what is your typical day like? WHat you eat and the amount of exercise you do?

7. whatever program u decided to follow.. dont give up.. it might takes more than u think.. months... but if u follow any program for a LONG time.. u will definitely see results

8. If you somehow did manage to lose weight that fast, it won't stay off probably. It takes time to put it on, and time to take it off (though it always seems to go up much faster and easier than the other direction!). Please don't put that kind of pressure on yourself. Go slower.

9. I don't know that that's possible on a healthy diet. I've heard of people losing that much on atkins. But you have to be super vigilant about your food - counting carbs in sauces and such. Not a fun life. Give yourself a little longer - maybe 6 months instead of 3. My sister lost 30lbs in 6 months with just doing 1200 calories/day. and aerobics 3times/week.

Good luck!!

10. I agree w/ Megs, I could see up to 10 lbs/month but anything more will/could have consequences. Your skin CANNOT keep up w/ that kind of weight loss for one, you'll droop :sad:

Exercise incorporated w/ that diet is paramount.
    Good luck!

11. Eeeewwww droopy skin!!! :sad:

Yup make sure to excercise while you are dieting...not just cardio but strength training as well:smile:

12. U can lose 3 lbs a week in a healthy way, but I'd check with doctor first to make sure it's healthy for YOU! The usual recommendation is 1-2 lbs per week, so if u don't want to consult w/your doc u could stick to 2 lbs a week, at most. Eat something healthy every 3-4 hours (revs up your metabolism and keeps u from feeling hungry). Most importantly, keep moving! Exercise, exercise, exercise...best way to lose it and keep it off! Make water your everyday beverage of choice! Good luck!

13. I lost 38lbs this year. Thirty pounds came off in about three months. I hit the treadmill and weights almost every day and tried to eat lean meats and less carbs. I haven't been all that strict for the last five months and have kept it off, but I started again two weeks ago and am going to drop another 30lbs by December. I keep telling myself that eating that yummy ice cream will give me pleasure for about 10 minutes but looking great and being healthy are going to make me happy 24/7. Good luck. You can do it. If you need to be reminded of that just PM me. I'll send some motivation your way. I've gotta tell you it's amazing how different people will treat you (especially the men...such visual creatures...).:yes:

14. I've done it before. But I gained it all back.