Looking For / Want Thread

Just my .02; we allow this on our car forum and it creates a fertile environment for unscrupulous vendors.

It is too late for our car forum; since we have decided to allow it (we just don't allow private messaging until someone has 100 posts); but, it can create issues. Vendors use the private messaging system to lure people.

For this reason I say this is not a good idea; as people with fake bags to sell would be jamming up anyone's PM box who said what they were looking for.

Loganz said:
Just my .02; we allow this on our car forum and it creates a fertile environment for unscrupulous vendors.

It is too late for our car forum; since we have decided to allow it (we just don't allow private messaging until someone has 100 posts); but, it can create issues. Vendors use the private messaging system to lure people.

For this reason I say this is not a good idea; as people with fake bags to sell would be jamming up anyone's PM box who said what they were looking for.
Precisely, that is why I have been rejecting more WTB (Want To Buy) threads in the Marketplace section.

Loganz said:

Ooooh ... GOOD POINT!!! Sorry about that ... I keep on forgetting that guests can look at the posts (I guess I'm used to a more restrictive environment). Totally understand and agree ...