Looking for advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I found today a strange offer about free coach handbag. They say "participate in survey and we send you $500 value coach hnadbag for free bla bla bla" (it's here - [**NO ADVERTISING ON THE PF ALLOWED!!*****
  2. I haven't seen that particular one, but I've sometimes received spam in my inbox for something similar like "get a free laptop" or "get a free iPod" if you fill out a survey.

I'm always wary of them because many fraud artists use the personal information you provide in the surveys for identity-theft purposes.

Anytime anyone asks you for your name, address, telephone number, or other personal information, I'd make sure that the source is credible before submitting anything.
  3. :nospam:
  4. think about it. who or why would anyone give you $500 just for answering some questions? if it sounds too good to be true it usually is!
  5. No!! Step away from the keyboard, lol. If it sounds to good to be true, you can bet it's too good to be true. :smile:
  6. Why would someone register here today and post that as their very first post? Is it possible that you are the spammer and you are trying to get us to click that link, hoping that one of us will sign up? My guess is yes.
  7. Doesn't sound legit to me.
  8. Always read the fine print on those things:

"To claim your reward you must participate in our program and meet all of the offer eligibility requirements as outlined in theTerms & Conditions before you can receive your Reward. Eligibility requirements include signing up for at least 2 Silver, 2 Gold and 2 Platinum offers and refer 2 unique households that also complete these requirements. Available offers will vary and some offers may require a purchase to qualify. Those qualifying for Gift Card rewards will have the option of receiving a Visa gift card or a retailer’s gift card where available."

Basically, you sign up for things like netflicks, magazines, credit cards, club memberships, buy so many ringtones, etc, pay for them, keep them for at least three months each, refer two other people to do the same, and you get the gift card. For all that money and effort, you could just buy the darn purse outright.

9. :huh:
    Thats fishy to me.
  10. ^^^my thoughts exactly
  11. You're email box will never be the same!
  12. I always use a fake email address for those things - I hate spam! :cursing:
  13. If something is too good to be true, it usually is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.