Looking for a good worry-free shoulder bag...

1. Should I get petit noe or petit bucket? I'm looking for something I can throw around and can carry a couple of file folders/notebook, plus stethescope, blood pressure cuff and varous medical supplies, as well as pochette.

I was originally thinking of getting a new bh or bv, but I prefer something vintage and that has patina so I don't have to worry about it. I've been looking around on eBay and I'm starting to like the noe and bucket styles. Are these quite roomy?

2. I think the Petit bucket will be too small for all the stuff you listed. A large bucket would work well as would the petit noe. Petit noe has the advantage of just one strap so you won't be struggling with two straps slipping off your shoulder. A regular noe would be even bigger and hold tons of stuff.

3. I would go with the Petit Noe hands down. The buckets are cute but as Texas Girl mentioned the double strap would probably get annoying.

4. Petit Bucket is too small for what you mentioned. Although I loved my bucket, I had to sell it because I couldn't find a good use for her...and I would have rather have had a marais or large bucket instead.

The Petit Noe will hold all that you mentioned, but you won't be able to close it with notebooks and folders...you'll have to leave the drawstring untied (which can be a fuss if it's not very full). Like Texas Girl says, you should get the large bucket...the large noe also will better fit what you need.

If you think the Large Bucket and Noe are too big (because they are), a better fit would be...

Batignolles Vertical
    Batignolles Horizontal
    Vavin GM
    Sac Plat

5. Have you considered the Cabas Piano or Popincourt Haut?

6. I agree with John, the Cabas Piano would be a great idea to think about. Or possibly one of the Batignolles - they both would be great shoulder bags. I just don't know how a Noe or Bucket would look with the items you want to carry around or how comfortable they are under a shoulder.

7. Personally, I find the shape of the noe (petit and normal) a little awkward, I like the BV, PH or cabas piano much better. Out of your choices, I'd go with the petit noe though - the Noe may be a tad large.

8. both of your choices are so small. I would go with BV or the piano.

9. I'm eyeing a noe and a bv on let-trade, but I don't know if I should get it! It's so hard to me to buy something second-hand, especially if it's off the internet. Eeek!

10. Check out the Passy GM. That is what I have been using lately, and it is great! It would hold everything you need and is totally worry free.

11. Here's how the Petit Noe looks like with a thick text, a 70 pg spiral, a 300 pg spiral, and some other goodies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It only holds up when it is full...if you have less things, the notebooks will shift. :sweatdrop:

12. I just posted this on another thread, but I'll post it here too.

This is my Petit Noe, I definitely recommend it. It holds a bunch, but is not a huge bag...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It held quite a bit, and I could have fit a lot more in there if I needed to. Here's what's in there....

- 3 DVD's (I let my friend borrow these a LONG time ago and she finally gave them back!!!)
    - Work / Project folder
    - Coach agenda (which I am also using as a wallet)
    - Hello Kitty coin purse / key holder
    - PlayStation Portable w/hard case
    - MAC plastic shopping bag with new eyeliner (stopped at Saks on the way home)
    - Ralph Lauren sunglasses
    - Make-up bag
    - Hand lotion
    - Camera w/case
    - Cellphone
    - Keys

13. I have the mezzo and LOVE it. I use it as a large purse since I am always carrying extra things with three boys!!! But it would work great for you and I am sure you can find a gently loved one if you would rather.

14. Neptune, thanks for a photos! The petit noe really does hold a lot! The only thing about the noe that I'm not thrilled with is the drawstring...it looks cute, but I might get annoyed opening and closing it. Have you gotten used to it?

15. When I don't stuff it like I did the day I took the pictures I normally tie it very loose so I can easily fit my hand in there, or I just keep it untied. I kinda like the untied, casual look of the Noe. In a way, the Petit Noe is a bit like having a bucket, but with the option of closing the top, plus the Petit Noe is bigger than the Petit bucket.