Looking down on your handbag?

I guess I am a bit of a bag stalker! I suppose I should be a bit careful to make sure no one takes offence and perhaps add a smile and a compliment to my 'rude' staring!

However, if you ever see a lady with a Kelly dressed up in a strange looking scraf staring at your bag, it's just me looking admiring your bag....
:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
I will be on the lookout for you!

lol I'm a bag watcher too. Especially on the train on the way to and from work. I just get automatically drawn down to the bag when I look at someone. I can't help it! ;)

I'm just a little confused...I wasn't extremely offended, but I thought it was a little sad and amusing. Where on earth does this mentality come from?

I don't know, for sure, but I suspect that the bag snob mentality comes from not truly appreciating fashion, design, or the beauty of accessories and so, thinking of them as mere status symbols.

She probably assumed that you were trying to show off with your Dooney and thought she had trumped you with her LV and was smiling smugly, as she would if she beat you in a game of cards, for example! :lol: :rolleyes:

'I see your Dooney and I raise you a Manhattan!' :blah:

Ive seen and experienced it over and over again...

when ur sad and insecure , carrying a BirkinBag wont change ur feelings or the effect u have on others.. those are the women that give dirty looks to others..

Ive seen girls with lovely vintage or selfmade bags that were so happy with themselves and their bags that it was a pleasure for me watching them...

i hope this came out right..my english isnt that good:shame:

She probably assumed that you were trying to show off with your Dooney and thought she had trumped you with her LV and was smiling smugly, as she would if she beat you in a game of cards, for example! :lol: :rolleyes:

'I see your Dooney and I raise you a Manhattan!' :blah:

:smile: She's right, I was trying to show off my Dooney. I love my bag as it is one of the very few firsts that's not a Louis Vuitton! After I get two more LVs, I plan to move on to Burberry and Coach...there are so many pretty bags in those lines that I haven't gotten around to. :sweatdrop:

Oulaliscious-your English is just fine. :yes:

Can understand perfectly. I teach at a college where there are lots of well-off young kids who drive BMWs, carry LVs etc and have had lots of pitying looks cast on both my handbags and my car. I finally figured - who cares?
If anyone with an LV looks down on my Dooney, well, I guess there are probably ladies with Birkins who look down on LVs, and so on along the pecking order!

well said indeed, just need to be happy with what we have.

It's sickening. some people love to show off for some reason.
I honestly don't get it? if you look down on someone then what's the use of it????

An item doesn't make you better than anyone. money isn't what matters in this world right? ;) so don't stress yourself about that..she'll get what's comin to her ^^

It disgusts me that women are that catty!!

I love looking at people's bags, though.

In fact, the other night at the mall, there was a lady carrying an authentic LV Lockit in black...I actually stopped her and said "I love your bag! It is stunning!"

She was very sweet and said thankyou, but she looked suprised that someone actually gave her a nice comment on it than just a snotty look!

Personally if a girl gives me a dirty look because I am carrying a cheap bag, I simply flash my cartier tank and shut the ***** up.

Honestly, don't let these girls bring you down... if it's a young girl that's giving you a look, I'd simply ignore it -I believe I am not shocking anybody when I say teen girls tend to be *****y just about everything in sight!

Shame on that woman to look down on your handbag! I'm proud to always live within my own means, and if it means foregoing a certain designer bag, then so be it. Why should anyone look down on anyone else's handbag?!?

i guess some people can't help it... acting like they're better than others must be natural to them :shrugs: I usually try not to notice what these type of people do. They're strangers to me so they don't matter to me anyway. I just feel sorry that they would feel the need to compare themselves to a total stranger in some random place and look down on them in order to make themselves feel better about what they have.