Look What I am Getting to Put my Scarves in!

1. I have been looking and looking for a lingerie chest to put my scarves in.....

I think this is perfect!

I am going to fold them just like the store display....

you know...they take the square and fold that again and lay them on top of each other...

so each drawer can be color coded and by seasons or something!

Also I love the top part....that I can put my CDC boxes, etc in...so I have a nice spot where all my other hermes things can go in!

yay! and its a great price too!
  2. Very nice! Make sure to line the drawers with acid free tissue paper!
  3. Great idea!!! I was cleaning out the closet when all these orange boxes fell on me. Like everything else that Hermes makes, the boxes are constructed well. To make a long story short, one of the corners caught me on my head. Not fun!!!!

So your idea is better than my idea of just stacking them on top of each other in the closet.
  4. I know those boxes are dangerous and heavy!

I will line with felt I think...then put in the tissue I get in the boxes that the scarves come in.

some of you might remember i have in a box right now..that my dad made my mom...and I just have too much stuff in there right now...

so I can break them up into colors and put them in the 4 drawers.

I love that glass cabinet at the top for other misc Hermes items!

love it!!! I am so excited i found this. I am going to go order it this weekend.

I have been begging my mom to give me her lingerie chest and she won't...so i am going to get my own!
  5. That's such a great idea! And you'll have a nice surprise every time you open the drawers :nuts:
  6. yes and they will be sorted nicely and i can pull them out at my leisure.

lingerie chest are so hard to find in this day and age. so sad.

I really would love an armoire one day with shelves big enough for my bags to sit up on...[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

it would also be nice to have a sort of piece to hold my new china in!
  7. Gorgeous! That is a very H appropriate piece of furniture.
  8. GG - what a gorgeous piece!
  9. What a beautiful piece of furniture! Great idea.
  10. WOW, that's as pretty as the Hermes it will encase. Love the braided trim....so elegant!
  11. thanks! barley twists are my fav!
  12. That's a beautiful piece and what a great idea !!!! Like to see a picture when everything is sorted out :smile:
  13. great idea it really is beautiful
  14. What a beautiful piece of furniture. So fitting for Hermes.
    I have a question about scarf storage, if that isn't too far off subject. If they are folded like at Hermes in the drawer, will the design transfer over time?
    I got a vintage scarf once, and the design had transferred to parts of the scarf that was next to it when folded. I don't know what to do about it, or how to prevent this from happening to my new scarves. I would love to be able to just put them in a drawer to keep them available. How to also keep them safe in the drawer?
  15. gucci, that is fantastic! what a good idea, it will be so fun for you to pick a scarf each day...