Look at all the new bags...

They are never outdated! Me personally I like all the "old" models much more then the new ones! I was at the store yesterday (I bought my BH and a Zippy wallet), and I was wondering, that I wouldn't have one of the new bags of 2007 (except the Neo Cabby in black). I don't like them, they are too "playful" for me. I like the classic and classy style of bags:
First of all the Alma, Looping MM, Saleya, Speedy 35, and the BATIGNOLLES HORIZONTAL!! It's such a great an pracitcal bag!

I can't imagine the speedy ever being outdated.
I usually put bags in the category of I like it or not for me. If I like it, it MUST be classic. hehehe...........:smile:

thanks for all the responses!

there seem to be mixed opinions about the Manhattan bags. i took it out of my bag shelf this morning and am using it today for work. this morning my bf told me that out of all my bags, this one makes me look too mature!

The speedy will never go out of style, that's one thing I'm sure about. The Manhattan will go out of style eventually, but right now it's still hot. Although I wouldn't buy one anymore; I always want my expensive bags to be in fashion for at least a year or five. And I think the Manhattan is already past it's best moments. It's still a very beautiful bag, don't get me wrong, but I do think there are hotter bags to buy at this moment.
As for the Saleya, it's quite a classic bag, so I don't think it'll go out of style any time soon.

I don't think so ... the speedy is timeless and an LV icon, will always be in style. The manhattan is still a hot bag, it's even in the front page of vuitton.com ... as for the saleya, that's still pretty new.

:yes:
They won't be replaced or look outdated. If you notice, the Speedy, Alma etc. (the "icons") are staples while other styles get discontinued and added around those.

I actually think that *SOME* of the older styles are pretty cool and I'm sure that in the future, the younger LV generation will also think that some of our older bags are really cool, especially if you have some collector items.