Longoria Engaged to Parker

1. Longoria Engaged to Parker
    Nov 30, 2:28 PM EST

Nuptials will take place in France

"Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria has taken the next step with Tony Parker.

"Eva and Tony are officially engaged," the actress' rep, Liza Anderson, tells People. "The couple have never been happier."

The diminutive actress and the San Antonio Spurs point guard first met in November 2004, and despite many rumors about a budding relationship, only confirmed they were dating in 2005.

Parker surprised Longoria with the "romantic and perfect" proposal on Wednesday night, when he flew into Los Angeles after his game. They plan to marry in France next summer in a "big, happy ceremony with lots of family and friends."

Parker, 24, was raised in France and captained the French national basketball team before joining the Spurs.

Longoria, 31, was previously married to "General Hospital" star Tyler Christopher from 2002 to 2004. She currently plays adulteress Gabrielle Solis on ABC's "Desperate Housewives," and was seen on the big screen opposite Michael Douglas and Kiefer Sutherland in "The Sentinel" and opposite Christian Bale in "Harsh Times."
  2. awww howww cutee!! i love eva!
  3. Congratulations to them.
  4. Wow, I thought they had split up...congratulations to them! I hope they make it! :love:
  5. She is a gorgeous doll! I hope they are very happy together and wish them the absolute best!
  6. Congrats to them!!!My daughter is excited to see the Spurs next weekend!!...maybe she'll get a pic for us:yahoo:
  7. I love them together! They are so cute!
  8. wow..congrats to them..I hope it will last..
  9. I WANT TO SEE THE RING ! NOW!:party:
  10. Well congrats to them...what a red herring with that breaking up story.
  11. I am so happy for them!
  12. I just read about it on Yahoo....congrats to them! They are so cute!
  13. Congrats to them! They seem like a lovely couple.
  14. I love her! Saw her on Oprah and loved her ever since.
  15. good for them! i hope it lasts