Longest Lasting Lip Stick/stain?

1. Hello!
    I've jumped over from the Hermes blogs to get you-all's advice. I'm looking for a really really long lasting lip color - I have been investigating lip stains - but they all seem to be some variant of red - and I need more brown tones. Also - lip stains dont seem to give me an all day color.
    Is anyone out there in love with a long lasting lip color?
    Many thanks
  2. I like Urban Decay and Hard Candy, but they too are variations on red. Sorry, I don't know of any with a brown tone. Have you tried www.sephora.com
  3. No - havent tried those - but I see that Laura Mercier has a brownish lip stain - didnt know that

Has anyone used Laura Mercier lip stain? I've been very pleased with her products
  4. Revlon.
    I binned mine cos it's too difficult to remove, it just didn't come off with cleansers designed for waterproof makeup.
  5. Angela - that sounds very long lasting! What is it exactly? Revlon lip stain?
  6. Revlon Colorstay series. I don't recommend the rich colors - I had a rich dark red - a pain to remove, I ended up using a facial cleanser with exfoliating beads to scrub it off.
  7. Armani's matte lipsticks are very long lasting and they come in a wide range of colors.
  8. MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour is awesome! Stays on really well and there is so many shades. Alternatively you could invest in some sort of colour prolonging topcoat or sealer. Something like Lipcote.
  9. I just ordered some revlon colorstay and also some Laura Mercier lip stain - and I'll let you guys know when I get it. I'm gonna check out the lipcote. Thanks!
  10. Let me know how you like the Mercier lipstain! I've been lusting after a shade of her lipstains called Mulberry (reddish-brown); but the one time I went to Sephora it was sold out.
  11. I use Revlon Colorstay, and I use a color called Faithful Fawn. If you click on my tPF user profile there is a picture of me and I am wearing it in the picture. It's a more brownish-pink color. I love it!
  12. -Laura Mercier Lip Stain in Mocha
    -Nars Lip Gloss and Stain duo in Kisses/Pampa

You could also put a bronze cheek stain on your lips, let it dry and then apply balm or gloss over it. I've done this with Tarte and Revlon cheek stains and it works well...

-Tarte Cheek Stain in Bronze Goddess

If you just want a normal cream lipstick, Stila has some great browns too. They're not technically considered long-lasting, but they do stay on a long time...
  13. I use a Guerlain but I can't remember the name. It comes in a hard square bottle/tube with an applicator. The lid is gold and is also hard and square. It lasts all day, and like someon else said, it just won't come off, unless I actually wipe and wipe with a cleansing wipe.