Longchamp repair & cleaning

I use baby wipes for weekly cleaning. I did hand wash my bag before with a mild soap, I soak it on a wash basin except for the leather handles (I kept the handles covered with plastic wrap and an old cloth to prevent water from seeping through it :smile:

I machine washed mine, and it worked well. The leather did fade a little in the wash (a lighter brown now) but it is uniform and does not bother me.

I sent 2 bags into the longchamp store in Pennsylvania and they fixed the holes in the corners on one but said the holes on the other one were too large to repair. It was frustrating that they wouldn't even try, as to my eye the holes looked the same size. They charge you $10 shipping to return the bags to you (and you have to pay to ship them there of course). This was still a good option since I live in Chicago and we don't have any longchamp boutiques here.

Be warned, they came back much dirtier and soiled than when I sent them...I assume the warehouse for repairs is dirty? I was disappointed they didn't clean them at the same time as the repair.

This is such great news! I have had my black large le pilage since 2007 and the holes in the corners have gotten pretty noticeable. Also the nylon interior has started peeling back and detaching where the handles are sewn on the inside. The leather on the handles could also gotten discolored and worn down over time where it rubs on my shoulder. I love this bag so much and use it pretty much every single day!

I purchased it from Nordys but I obviously don't have the receipt since that was about 5.5 years ago. Hopefully they will still be able to help me out!

Ladies,
Ok I've used this product for many years, it's called "LINCOLN E-Z CLEANER"
It works great on leather,suede,nubuck,canvas,linen. You have to mix with water to dilute it, I use a cup fill it half with water half with the cleaner. It is very easy to use. I have a sponge and wipe down the item, it suds like a shampoo, once the item is wet i use a nylon brush to brush the surface. Let it dry till the next day. If it is leather I condition with some leather balm and water repell it for protection. Give it a try.