Long strap for FIRST?

1. I feel the size of FRIST is great to use as a messenger, but the strap is too short. Can I call balenciaga to buy a longer strap? TIA:rolleyes:

2. Nope, you cant.

However, some of the much older firsts have longer straps... finding one of them would be a task though...

Longer straps is a wish of many PF'ers, including myself!

3. I'm looking for the same thing for my black city! I think I will just run around some shops and look for a longer strap on another bag and just use it... I no longer care about hardware matching perfectly or anything.

I even was considering taking the strap to a leather shop and having them remake it into a messenger length strap. I never use the strap, always by the handles, it would be so functional with a messenger length strap. But i really dont want to hurt the strap it came with if possible... that will be a last, last LAST resort!

4. I have been using a Rogue Escape pod (and also my black boobie) to lengthen the strap and now it sits very comfortably - I love being able to wear it comfortably messanger style! ... am thinking of experimenting with other pod-type extensions now as well!!!

5. wow~skimatic10, how did you do it?
    I don't know why Balenciaga doesn't make the strap longer, it's very strange, especially other brand like MJ and PRADA are making bags with long strap and those styles are quite popular since they are very versatile.

6. I do this as well. :smile:
    I also use the straps on my '04 S/S flat messengers - it's the perfect nice and loonnng messenger strap, and one of the reasons why I love that style so much! :graucho:

7. I will try to use my LV panda keychain extender to lengthen the strap. I'm very petite and just need a little bit longer strap, I guess. :idea:

8. I had a friend who was able to get a cobbler to make her a longer strap for her Bbag. Obviously the leather and the hardware weren't a perfect match or anything, but she's been very happy with it and it serves its purpose. Good luck!