Long story short,........

Baggs -- that is insane! But I think you handled it expertly. I don't think that calling the police really would have made any difference.

Unfortunately, when you look so great all the time and carry fabulous bags, I guess you just run the risk of being stalked :Push:;)

But I'm glad you and your new barenia picotin made it out safe and sound :yes:

Because IF you were a thief you may have had time to shove your own wallet into the bag. Imagine if the crazy bi*ch had forcibly snatched BJ away from you and dropped her own wallet in! :wtf: And people believed her if she managed to produce her wallet from the bag!

So checking the ID is not the best way to verify possession of a bag. I'm sorry it left you feeling not believed, but I believe that guard did the best thing possible from a neutral standpoint, it wasn't deliberately pointed towards you. :heart: Giving a call to H resolves it rather quickly and efficiently by verfying your story and establishing that YOU, not the CAB (Crazy Asian Bi*ch) is the true owner. Hope this makes you feel better about the way you were treated in Burberry! :heart:
Very well said I totally agree. Even with ID if you are a con artist you would have already thought to put your own ID in the bag. I just don't think his intention was to hurt anyone. I think he was confused and wanted the most neutral way of solving things.

baggs, what a shocking experience! i hope that lady doesn't molest any other H bag carrying (or any other person for that matter) ladies on madison! how scary!

i agree with NG that the guard was trying to be neutral as possible...though if the other lady had a bag already why would she need to be carrying two? i suppose since he must have seen your H bags that perhaps he thought calling H would be prudent.

i also agree that in a little time, if you want to write management at both stores, that might be a good thing to do. as one of my coworkers says, never email or write or call someone when you are angry or tired...

that being said, i think you handled it quite well! i would have screamed or something if some lady came chasing after me like that!

ladies, let this remind us to be careful when we are carrying our nice bags! you never know how people will react! (i had one guy shrieking over my bag in nordies one day! but he never touched it luckily).

OMG, that is such a shocking tale, I think that both Hermes (not as much as burberry) and Burberry have a lot to answer for, you do not expect to be shopping and get attacked by someone, that was what happened, she was attacked by a crazy. I am just glad that you are ok and not too badly shaked, the reason, my post may seem a bit OTT, is because the whole incident could have turned nasty and dangerous and thankfully it did not.
x
I have seen ladies fight for bags in Harrod Sales, but not when the owner of the bag is holding her own bag!!x

My oh my...I'd have to say that you're very lucky that this woman didn't become aggressive with you outside of the store on the street. You don't know what she could / would have done!

I think the guard at Burberry's was being neutral, he could have just said it was the asian woman's and that would have been a big ol' mess. But it would have irked me too. I'd probably think twice about bringing my business to that store in the future, tho; it's just me. I don't want to have to associate bad feelings with my repeat business.

Anything can happen in NYC; I've been harrassed in the city on numerous occassions so I know that totally bad gut feeling one gets. You don't know if you can get away safe, because any time a stranger approaches you with a "look", there's a chance they're going to assault you. I was once almost shoved into oncoming traffic on Lexington Avenue by a man in a business suit because he was going down the wrong side and I was in his way! It happened in a split second but I saw him coming at me seconds prior so I was prepared for anything.

You handled yourself well by not getting into a physical situation with her and you strike me as pretty street smart. That might have worked to your advantage, who knows how far that crazy woman would have gone to get at your bag...