Loeffler Randall boots

1. Does anyone own a pair of Loeffler Randall boots, or tried them on? For reference:
    (Picture from Shopbop)

I saw a darker tan/whiskey color recently, but didn't get to try them on. Any advice would be appreciated! :flowers:
  2. Never tried them on sorry.
  3. any advise on sizing, anyone?
  4. anyone?
  5. bump?
  6. they run pretty true to size from what i've read here on the forum. if you do a search under this shoe subforum for loeffer randall there are many threads about them.
  7. TTS or a little small... but only about 1/2 a size if that.
  8. i cannot see the photo you posted but i have the emmy boots and sized up 1/2 in them
  9. I just ordered the matilda in my size... I'll let you know as soon as I get them.
  10. #10 Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
    I own a pair, I bought them from BG in NYC in November '06... they're a funky blue/purple color and they're the most comfortable pair of boots that I own... they look like these except imagine them as blue/purple:

I wear them all the time, they look almost new (although the leather does crack and age slightly ... but it gives the boots a vintage feel and makes them more unique imo) ... my mom and I went shopping all day in NYC in February earlier this year and I wore the boots the entire day, easy to pull on, slip off, and walk around the city, no problem!

My boots are a 37.5/7.5 and they fit perfectly. I can wear them with tights, socks, whatever. My shoe size ranges anywhere from a 7 (Sigerson Morrison) to a 8.5 (Louboutin) so it seems like these boots fit true to size!

I'm kicking myself for not buying these: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod62160023&parentId=cat17850770&ecid=NMALRFeed&ci_src=14110925&ci_sku=X08ZL

A local boutique in my town had them on sale for $300 (no sales tax ahh)... ridiculously good price for these boots imo.

Hope this helps! :yes:
  11. Peachie,
    I have those same ones they are the elka in the color midnight (strange name since midnight makes you think of navy & not dark purple :confused1: ) These are my favorite out of the many LR boots I have

The LR boots run a bit narrow. If you plan on wearing socks, if the front part of your feet are a bit wide, or they tend to swell then sz up 1/2. If you are going to wear thin tights then get your normal sz. IMO the matilde & olivia run about 1/4 sz larger than the elka & emmy. I'm not sure about the penelope since I have not tried these on. HTH
  12. Oooh midnight! I guess it could be midnight... like a midnight blue/black... i.e. purple? lol I should post pics in the shoe purchases thread, even though I bought them almost 2 years ago... I love those boots!
  13. i received mine and i dont find them to be narrow at all. i bought .5 up as i usually do with boots and they perfect with socks. the calf part is kinda wide though. i love them though!
  14. hi i was wondering if people have had protective non-slip soles added to the leather soles of their Loeffler Randall boots?

i'm afraid the leather soles would get worn out really quickly. thanks!
  15. i plan to get them zipsoled because i want to wear them in the winter and leather and water/snow dont mix.

you can always get these http://www.footpetals.com/cgi-bin/footpetals/Sole%20Stopperz.html?id=GFHnw3Je&mv_pc=1082 orhttp://cgi.eBay.com/Shur-Grip-Non-Skid-Pads-for-Soles-of-Shoes-Ground-Grip_W0QQitemZ250205064608QQihZ015QQcategoryZ63889QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247 to make sure the front part doesnt get worn out too fast because i think thats where most of the wear will be.