Loeffler Randall Boots: Should I Get Them?

1. Hi All! I'm a long-time lurker, but this is my first time posting.

So, my dilemma is whether I should get this AMAZING pair of Loeffler Randall boots or not. They're regularly $698 CAD (or $685 USD), but I found them on sale for $498 CAD at this awesome store in Vancouver.

However, I'm a student and really, I'm probably not going to wear these boots that much to school, since I have to walk around a lot on campus. That being said, one of my New Years' Resolutions is to wear more heels and the only way that will happen is if they don't kill my feet, and from what experienced when trying them on, that isn't much of a problem.

Also, the only size left was a size 7 and while they fit, they were a bit tight. But I'm only worried about this because when I tried on a pair of Loeffler Randall flats, I was a size 7.5 for some apparent reason.

Therefore, after that huge rambling mess above, my question to you is whether I should get them or not; if they're worth the money. And if anyone has experience with Loeffler Randall boots and could give me some feedback on the comfort level and whether the leather stretches out a lot, I would be so grateful.

Oh yeah, here are the boots, courtesy of Shopbop:

2. They are gorgeous boots! I would say don't get them because they don't fit you. You aren't going to wear something that isn't comfortable. If you don't wear it, it's not worth it. You can't really count on stretching it out a whole half-size... especially you'll probably wear some form of socks with boots. I smell a mistake that I often make - must get them because they're on sale (even if they don't fit!)
  3. I agree. Although I LOVE LOVE LOVE those boots, I don't think you should keep them if they don't fit. Especially for that price, the boots should be perfect!! However, I totally understand your dilemma--I've been lusting after Loeffler Randall boots myself but as a student, the price tag is just too hefty for me.
  4. Thanks for your input. :smile: Except...they DO fit. They JUST fit. And they felt FINE...unfortunately for my wallet.

What I'm worried about is whether I tried them on when my feet were at their biggest. I know that kind of doesn't make sense, but you know how feet get bigger in the heat and when you've been walking all day? I just want to know that they'll still fit after that, but I guess I won't be able to find that out until I get them and wear them for a while. And I would like to know from anyone who has worn Loeffler Randall boots if they're comfortable enough to be worn all day, especially if I'm going to pay that price.

Really, I just want to know that I'm getting a good deal and that I'm not completely absurd for wanting to buy $500 shoes. :p
  5. Mm... My size can change a lot too, but I prefer to go a size up. The heels are low so you can probably wear them throughout the day (don't own any Loefflers.) I also put inserts into all my high-heel boots to make them more comfortable, but I guess it really won't be an option for you.

They are really classic boots that you can wear for years to come, but I can't advise you whether 500 is too much to pay. It's a lot. Sleep on the decision.

By the way, the just other week I thought I might die without these 1000 CL boots. I haven't yet. I might though. Same dilemma as you. :p
  6. Hmmm. Thanks. They do have a size 8; perhaps I should get those and put in insoles/inserts? But then I face the dilemma of them perhaps being too big and I just hate the feeling of shoes being too big.

That, and I have this weird abhorrence of going a size up in shoes. Unfortunately, I think that's just vanity. :rolleyes:

ETA: I had that feeling last week with a pair of Loeffler Randall Snakeskin Flats. However, that was just a passing phase; this will be FOREVER. :p
  7. I also LOVE these boots! And it sounds like you got a grwat price for them, but again if they don't fit than don't buy them.
  8. Really pretty, if they fit fine,I always get boots on the bigger side it's more comfy. I would go for it, the heels are medium high so a good start if you want to "learn" to walk on higher heels.
  9. love love these boots, especially in the grey color. makes whatever you wear stand out. they are a bit much if you're still in school, but if you're good about your spending elsewhere (entertainment, drinking, etc.) then i'd say splurge. boots can last a very long time, esp if u take care of them...and these are classics,
  10. Don't own one - but I think those are some pretty nice looking boots.
  11. So...I got them! They do feel a little snug right now, but only width-wise, which I know will stretch out at least a little bit. And what's even better, they were an extra 15% off, and because there was this tiny little imperfection (that I hopefully can fix myself or get fixed), I got another 5% off. So before tax, they were only $398! I think that's pretty darn good for Loeffler Randall and such beautiful leather boots! :smile:

Thanks for the input guys! You've been a great help.