Lock on Birkin

On my Box calf & Togo HACs, I have mine hanging like Gina's with the lock.

On my chevre Birkin, I also have it hanging like Gina's, but instead of the lock, I wear a Kelly watch.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/pokemart/Hermes Bags/ba07d7d9.jpg

I noticed that the chevre tirette is softer & more delicate than the box calf & togo tirettes (thus more prone to wear & tear). The Kelly watch is much lighter than the H lock, so besides being an accessory, I figure the lighter weight of the Kelly watch would help to prolong the life of the chevre tirette :flowers:

Gina, I was browsing the Longchamp website yesterday for the Pliage tote & can't help but visited your thread again to drool over your birkin! :heart: Thank you for posting the dimensions of the Pliage tote that you got. That was really helpful! :flowers:

LOL! Ok.. now that's going to be a tough one to break into. But oh what loot to be had there! Hmm, now I'll need a team.. "Sue's 12". I'll be plastic explosives guy. I'll need computer whiz, acrobatics guy, tech guy, weapons supplier, bank roller.. etc. Now enlisting.

BTW, you're welcome, Gigi! Did you get one?
No, the regular totes are only available through retail stores. The custom made Pliage totes are shipped to certain countries only...SG is not one of them. I never paid much attention to Longchamp until you posted about your tote recently, I think one shopping mall in SG seems to carry Longchamp stuff - I'll check it out before I explore eBay :smile:

^^Doesn't matter. Whichever one you don't prefer, Gigi. Maybe we can do a time share! :P

[edit] GIGI -- I think GrandsFonds uses a mail service that provides a mailing address in the US that one can use to have things sent to them. I forget where she posted about it, though. Apparently, it gives you a mailing address in the States and forwards the mail on to you in your home country. I think that might solve your Longchamp Pliages sur Mesure ordering problem, if you're interested in getting one that fits your Birkin.

GIGI -- I think GrandsFonds uses a mail service that provides a mailing address in the US that one can use to have things sent to them. I forget where she posted about it, though. Apparently, it gives you a mailing address in the States and forwards the mail on to you in your home country. I think that might solve your Longchamp Pliages sur Mesure ordering problem, if you're interested in getting one that fits your Birkin.
Thanks Gina! :flowers: I once considered to sign up for such a mail service provided by my local postal service but ended up not doing it - was going to get something from eLuxury at that time but realised that eLux not only need a US shipping address, but a US issued credit card as well.

Maybe it's time to consider signing up for the mail service. I really like the blue and pink shades offered by Longchamp for their custom totes! :heart:

Edit to Add: Thanks for the link, Sue! :flowers:

You are so right....on my first birkin, I left the padlock on the turn-key and it left a 'smiley' on the leather. It did not help as my first one was in Gold Courchevel. Personally, if you do intend to ever sell the bag for a new one(sniff sniff...like me!), I would leave the padlock at home.......it's less fussy. What I DO like to do however, is to have the clochette at the back. I don't know why....I like using the bag backwards at times - to make it more understated perhaps.

I would love to know what to use to clean Coromandel Leather.

Attachments

• Photo 45.jpg
    Photo 45.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 279
  • Photo 47.jpg
    Photo 47.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 281