Lock & Key Question from PP and Toonie!

1. Are the numbers on the locks (in this case, my Web II Bolide) supposed to match the numbers on the keys? Toonie and I were wondering about this. As I said to her, I had an LV Alma and the key numbers matched the lock.

The keys on my new Web II open the lock, but they have different numbers than the lock. Is that normal? I just wanted to clarify that because if I ever face either foreclosure or selling my beloved Web II, the Bolide goes bye-bye, and I want to be able to answer a prospective buyer about the numbers.

While I'm thinking about it, are the other numbers on the bottom of the lock related to the manufacture date?

TIA! :smile:
  2. All my locks and keys have matching numbers, but I have no idea what the numbers mean, if anything? They seem to do a lot of similar numbers, though, I've noticed!
  3. I just checked two of my kellys and the keys and lock numbers match.I remember on another thread I think,someone said something about the numbers on the bottom of the locks meant something?I can't remember.
  4. I thnk it means these keys open this lock - LOL!!!!! No, honestly, I have no idea if they have a meaning....bumping you up!
  5. The keys DO open the lock on my Web II, even though they have different numbers. I'm just trying to find out if there is anything of concern about the different numbers in the event I wanted to sell it in the future. Personally, I couldn't care less that the numbers don't match, but if 10 years down the road I wanted to sell the bag, would the mis-matched numbers be a bone of contention to a prospective buyer?
  6. Bumpity. Anyone? :confused1: