Little girl from Whale Rider pregnant

stefania

la vie en rose
Sep 10, 2006
Did anyone see this movie a few years ago? It was really cute and she was a good actress.

Whale Rider's Keisha Castle-Hughes Expecting

FRIDAY OCTOBER 06, 2006 08:30AM EST

keisha_castle180.jpg

Whale Rider star Keisha Castle-Hughes, 16, and her boyfriend, Bradley Hull, 19, are expecting their first child this spring, her rep tells PEOPLE. The two have been dating for three years. [!!!]

The actress first made waves playing the fiery Paikea in 2002's Whale Rider – a role for which she received a Best Actress Oscar nomination. At 13, she was the youngest Best Actress nominee in history.

"I thought I was still dreaming," she told PEOPLE about the honor at the time.

Since Whale Rider, Castle-Hughes has taken few roles, though she did play the Queen of Naboo in 2005's Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and will appear as Mary in the upcoming movie The Nativity Story co-starring Shohreh Aghdashloo.

The Australia-born actress grew up and still lives in New Zealand and – like her character in Whale Rider – is part Maori.

good luck too her... I wish her all the best... I'm young an would never CHOOSE to become a younge mother... but these things happen... Good Luck to her & the father!!