Listings With Insufficient Pics (Looking at you, TheRealReal)

Summerfriend

Apr 21, 2016
What do you ladies and gents do when the pictures of an item on a site do not show the information necessary to authenticate (most notably, the tag)? Do you simply avoid buying from these sites altogether?

I'm looking at a couple of items on The Real Real at the moment, and I'd like to have them authenticated before I buy, but all I have to submit is the link, and the link doesn't contain enough information. I've noticed this on a few other sites as well. Should we assume that when information is withheld that we're looking at a fake? Are sites just sloppy? So frustrating.

So what say you, wise buyers? Do you even bother looking at these sites, do you request more information, or do you just take your chances?

What do you ladies and gents do when the pictures of an item on a site do not show the information necessary to authenticate (most notably, the tag)? Do you simply avoid buying from these sites altogether?

I'm looking at a couple of items on The Real Real at the moment, and I'd like to have them authenticated before I buy, but all I have to submit is the link, and the link doesn't contain enough information. I've noticed this on a few other sites as well. Should we assume that when information is withheld that we're looking at a fake? Are sites just sloppy? So frustrating.

So what say you, wise buyers? Do you even bother looking at these sites, do you request more information, or do you just take your chances?

Ask for the pics you need. Some sites will accommodate, some may not, but it doesn't necessarily mean the bags aren't authentic.

Personally, I would not buy from these sites without seeing all the pictures. I would also want to be able to return if there is a problrem. I have certainly read of some selling a fake and giving the buyer a hassle to return. There are reputable consignment sites, of course, and they show all the required pictures (for example, Yoogi's, Real Deal Collection, etc.). If you do a search on tpf, there are threads on here where members share their experiences with most of these resellers.