Lip Plumpers!!!!

I think that the main "active" ingredient in most of them, especially the more costly ones, is capascin, which I have probably misspelled, but it is also the active ingredient in chile peppers, such as jalapenos and habaneros, etc so if the effect of applying this substance to your lips pleases you, the produce counter just might be your best and cheapest source of "lip plumper." :biggrin:

Have you tried any? Did you find any that work for you? Which ones did you try that didn't work????

I tried the ones from DuWop and Freeze 24/7 as well as few others at Sephora (don't remember the brands though). All of them gave me that horrible burning feeling, which left a circle around my lips, making me look like I have something wrong with my lips. Oh, and they didn't really do anything! I lost all hope...:sad:

i've read about this one before...
lip plumpers actually do contain some sort of skin irritants to make your lips swell a bit and then make it feel & look plumper.

i was given a tube of victoria's secret product i can't recall the name now, but i tried it and yes, as expected, my lips were irritated and then got tiny bit swollen. the swollen feel is the targeted result, i guess.

however keep in mind some skins can be extra sensitive, so the result may be unexpectedly bad... i suggest that you know first the ingredients used in the lip plumper beofre your apply it on your lips. you may be allergic to some ingredients...

I've never used a "plumper" before! I've cheated it with makeup tho! I've used that cool wax stuff from benefit to fill in your lip lines. It's pretty good and doesn't hurt! But, by filling your lips in, the lipstick sort of floats above your lip, giving it and plumpy illusion. And then I've used this stuff they call "Lip Plump" but, it's just a foundation for your lips. I didn't like that as much but, my Mom now swears by it! (I gave her some for her birthday).

That LipFusion does sound good (I've seen the ads for it) and I may just have to try it!

I have tried City Lips (OK), Lip Venom (OK), Lip Fusion (Nice gloss, no plumping for me), Sally Hansen "Lip Inflation" (Pathetic), Too Faced "Lip Injection" (Below average), Cinnamon Oil mixed with generic lip gloss (messy), something from Rimmell (Pathetic) and MAC's Plushglass (Nice gloss, no plumping for me), Lorac "Lotsa Lip"(Nice gloss, no plumping for me) .
Then I came to the realization that I just dislike my lips, and tried Restylene about six weeks ago, as well as continuing to use Lip Fusion (because I like it as a gloss anyway).
The Restylene is not lasting very well, and the first injection of the product left me with a lumpy, lopsided lower lip - primarily due to my lips doing strange things when I smile. I had a bit more product placed much deeper into the lip cavity, and one the swelling subsided, it looked OK, but no Angelina Jolie.
I wish that I could tell you that any of the products I have used actually "plumped" my lips, but they didn't really. I have just discovered this forum, and will be trying Dermaglow Instant Lip Plumper next.
I think that the idea of using the "cool wax stuff from benefit" is great, and I think that I may try that too.
In summary, all of the plumping products that I have used and liked worked because I used them A LOT, and their formulations improved the condition of my lips (Kept them moist), and this resulted in a fuller look because my lips weren't tight,chapped and dry.
One product that I didn't like, but I think deserves an honorable mention is "Lip Venom". It did make my lips a little bit fuller, but it bled up the vertical lines and made my lips look like they were in need of a "Tucks" pad. Not a good look.
For anyone who has a Costco membership, they have a great deal on twin-packs of Lip Fusion.
Thanks for all of your posts. I hope that this was helpful.

Too Faced make a Hollywood Lip Injection Kit that you can get on beauty.com. Right now, you can get $10 of $100 if you have other things to order from beauty.com. In addition, I believe they still have a promotion that if you buy a certain amount of too faced stuff you get a free sample pack which includes a tiny cutesy makeup case and a tiny lip injection extreme. I would say that I use this whole treatment on average once a week and my husband actually notices that my lips are plumper. I keep the glosses in my bag and put it on now and then, but not every day. I will say that if I drink something after putting this stuff on and end up swallowing some, it does sting my throat a bit. That is scary, but I'm still breathing.

I just ordered a set from Two Faced (containing the clear plumper, the extreme plumper and I think a mini colored plumper plus a small lip mask) I'll post what I think of it once it arrives :flowers:

I've only tried one plumper before, I cannot remember what it was called but it didn't really work. It was a clear liquid that smelled strange and stung my lips, but I didn't actually notice any difference (other than that my lips became totally unkissable, as I'm sure my boyfriend would choke on the stupid lip plumper, lol!)

I received my Too Faced set today, and tried all the products (the lip mask, the extreme plumper, the pinkish clear plumper and the tecno kiss plumper) It made my lips sting and they turned red, and I guess maybe it had a slight plumping effect, but I'm not sure if it's just my imagination :P Either way, the biggest difference is that my lips sting and it looks like I'm having an allergic reaction or something, lol :P
I'm wearing it right now, and I don't really think it has made any noticeable difference. I asked my mom earlier, and she said she couldn't tell. But ah well. I guess I'll try the LipVenom next :P