lip liner MAC or NYX

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
MAC lip liners (the wood ones) are good quality and last almost forever. some online article said NYX pencils are comparable. anyone have experience with them?

I have used mostly MAC cremestick liners over the wood ones and I haven't used them in a long time, so I can't attest to how NYX compares. However, I've watched several YouTubers rave about NYX lip pencils. They say they hold up against and often prefer them over high end. I was influenced in buying one which I haven't used yet.

• Thanks
Reactions: sdkitty
FYI,
NYX have the best online sales.
The quality is ok but the pencils have a habit to get broken before it is all used up.
I don't recall ever having a pencil break. are you talking about the retractable ones and the product inside breaking off? or the actual pencil breaking?

The nyx pencils, the ones you sharpen, are fantastic & honestly are no different than Mac ones. I’ve had nyx pencils last me months & they stay on all day sometimes I don’t need to touch up at all.

Reactions: luvprada
The nyx pencils, the ones you sharpen, are fantastic & honestly are no different than Mac ones. I’ve had nyx pencils last me months & they stay on all day sometimes I don’t need to touch up at all.
good to know...I have had mac wooden pencils last for years. I recently repurchased half-red and I have a few others that are sharpened down to a very small size but still there.

I have both MAC and NYXand there's very little difference. If I find a color from NYX that's a dupe for MAC Dervish I won't be purchasing any more MAC.

I have both MAC and NYXand there's very little difference. If I find a color from NYX that's a dupe for MAC Dervish I won't be purchasing any more MAC.
the next pencil I'll need will be a dupe for a discontinued estee lauder pencil.....I'll go to Ulta and hope they have testers for the NYX pencils. they did have testers for NYX liquid lipstick (unlike all the DS brands)