Lip Gloss or Lipstick?

I use tinted lipbalm - looks like lipgloss but is not as sticky & is also very good for dry lips. Lipstick only for special occasions, like a party or a nice dinner out. I still love the glamourous feeling of wearing dark lipstick - but would not use it everyday.

I am a lipgloss junkie! Love all the Lancome juicy tubes but my favorite is kiwi. Also love Nars - orgasm and positano. and the cargo pots - but only if I have a lip brush - hate sticking my fingers in there. Stila lip glaze is nice too - I tried their new one - citrus ice at sephora over the weekend.

Because I have almost no pigment in my lips I use first a liquid lip stain, then lipstick and top it with lip gloss. This way I have color on my lips that lasts almost the whole day.

I really envy people who have nicely pigmented lips and only need to add a dash of clear gloss or nothing and still look pulled together. Peggy

Alexenjie said:
I really envy people who have nicely pigmented lips and only need to add a dash of clear gloss or nothing and still look pulled together. Peggy

Yes, but there are downsides, Peggy!

Firstly, you are kind of stuck with the colouring you have, unless you pile on the make-up, so your look is less flexible. Secondly, pink or red lips often go along with rosy cheeks, which can be pretty, but again, unless you pile on the make-up, everyone knows when you're embarrassed! :shame:

It is great to be able to get up in the morning and not look too washed out and I have learned to appreciate my colouring; but when I was a teenager, I desperately wished I had colouring like you, as I thought it must be wonderful to have a blank canvas to work on! :yes: