Limited Edition Saddles are here ..yes 12 saddle *PICS*

^^
Thanks for the info! I was planning on checking it out in HK, but I'm not getting there until end of December.

Depending on the price I'll see whether I should call in advance to pay a deposit and guarantee myself one or not... If it's in the $3800 euro range then I'll have to pass... not ready to spend that kind of money on a purse, especially one that's obviously really special, but I could never ever use a lot! Wish I was able to buy it just to collect, but for now, any purse I get has to be at least semi-practical.

Thanks for keeping us posted!!!

jadecee .. i totally agree with u , im on the same side with u, if it'll be overpriced then im going to pass...

i really love them all, yet im afraid that some e,g: bollywood + Russian will be hard to maintain not to mention how its difficult to get into ur saddle if u needed to grab anything.. i have 3 or 4 saddles and i know exactly how does it feel ... girls im in love and not trying to give it a bad karma but we're talking seriously here.. come on its 2500 euros > rangrd bags

^^ indeedy!

when the SA first told me the price (and he mentioned it a few times) i couldn't really hear him (the background was noisy) and i thought i heard "260 pounds". so stupidly i thought that 260 pounds for a limited edition saddle is a fantastic price. it was only after a while later into the conversation when he repeated the amount several times that i heard him say the precious key word - THOUSAND. i could have sworn i went like this - :wtf::shocked:

and yup, it's really going to be a chore to maintain, for the russian one. as it is, the SA in asia informed me that the mink trotter romantique should be kept in an air-conditioned room 24/7 since it's mink (but that's because singapore experiences a tropical/warm/humid climate all year round). the insanity of that!

i think the more shocking thing would be to hear that the limited editions have sold out in a mere number of days after the launch (or even on the day of the launch).

i could have sworn i went like this - :wtf::shocked:

and yup, it's really going to be a chore to maintain, for the russian one. as it is, the SA in asia informed me that the mink trotter romantique should be kept in an air-conditioned room 24/7 since it's mink (but that's because singapore experiences a tropical/warm/humid climate all year round). the insanity of that!

i think the more shocking thing would be to hear that the limited editions have sold out in a mere number of days after the launch (or even on the day of the launch).

lol... woulda been my reaction too! That's the one thing about bags... if you're incredibly rich maybe you can afford to just buy things that are pretty to look at and then house the mink in it's own air-conditioned glass box 24/7 to admire... otherwise for the normal person I think (just personal opinion) that that is WAY too much work and sucks all the fun out of owning the bag! What's the point of it if you can't even wear it really?

I don't doubt though that there is a big chance the limiteds will sell out quick because for those who can afford, why not snatch it up quick and be one of the very few who has one! Hopefully out of all the affluent who can afford it... they are as obsessive about their purses and love them as much as us here on tPF! :yes: For beauties like these, you'd only hope the owners know how to appreciate them!

OMG! THANK YOU!! I am going to the DIOR boutique first thing on Tuesday morning to waitlist myself for these three! Japan, India and CHINA in that order!
CHOLE U ROCK!:yahoo:

^^ indeedy!

when the SA first told me the price (and he mentioned it a few times) i couldn't really hear him (the background was noisy) and i thought i heard "260 pounds". so stupidly i thought that 260 pounds for a limited edition saddle is a fantastic price. it was only after a while later into the conversation when he repeated the amount several times that i heard him say the precious key word - THOUSAND. i could have sworn i went like this - :wtf::shocked:

LOL! The air conditioning thing is ridiculous! Means that you have to turn on the car for a few moments before you actually get in (to make sure the AC is working fully and the car is completely cool), then RUSH into your air-conditioned (24/7) home to grab your mink bag, and race into the car. And when you arrive at a mall or supermarket, you have to park really close to an entrance, and rush out of your car to run into the mall!!!!

this is Spain ... as its written in the description ( silk flower embroideries, inspired from the flamengo scarf used by spanish dancers.. handle and dangling D are made of the elephant white teeth lok alike thingy, that i cant translate at the moment LOL:roflmfao: )

...ivory...? :wlae:

oh..... now that i finally look at it, it looks like tortoise shell to me... that has nothing to do with elephants!!! :P

LOL! The air conditioning thing is ridiculous! Means that you have to turn on the car for a few moments before you actually get in (to make sure the AC is working fully and the car is completely cool), then RUSH into your air-conditioned (24/7) home to grab your mink bag, and race into the car. And when you arrive at a mall or supermarket, you have to park really close to an entrance, and rush out of your car to run into the mall!!!!

:roflmfao::roflmfao:
that really cracked me up! i know, the SA even suggested that i rent a cold storage lot and keep the bag there if it's barely used. (well that's if i buy it, they only have a grand total of ONE in the whole of singapore :Push:smile: i guess it should be taken into context though, the weather in singapore is really atrocious. every single one of my friends from a seasonal country have moaned, griped and wilted in the singaporean climate. it's just incredibly hot and humid (it's near the equator) so i guess even mink bags don't stand a chance in hell in that weather.

wowsers! it's bloody amazing a PFer is buying those saddle bags! I THINK WE'LL ALL BE WAITING FOR THOSE PICTURES. :drool:

i think i'll be calling a few diors tomorrow, just in case the SA in manchester thinks i'm some lunatic asking for prices for all 12 saddles. :shame:

Really truly, thanx for the post, and MAYDAY you're right, I doubt that we're going to get any here in Toronto. Took them 4 months to get my waitlisted Gaucho Red Tote (by which time I was so fed up I passed-oops-sees). But won't stop me from asking. Love the Bollywood....but so pricey, there are many many more bags on my list.:crybaby:...........and oh yes, I have to feed my kids as well :sweatdrop: . Now, I'll have to take me 2000' blue denim saddle bag out for a spin tomorrow......to ease the pain......