Limited Edition Balenciaga??????

umamanikam

O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
just spoke with the manager of selfridges and she told me that they will be getting limited editon of bals ,similiar to the first with antique gold hardware .it is made exclusively for selfridges and there will be only 25 in the whole world ????,the price will be 100 pounds more than the normal first but she is not very sure ,so she said she will call me when they come in .
any idea what it is all about ---am baffled .
and also next week they are getting just one croc bal which is guesss ---7000 pounds:graucho:

well my SA called me up --she said that the bags are made of antique gold leather and they are called IRIS collection ,they will be about 850 pounds and in the style of first/classique

Am I the only one that finds it strange that the Bal boutiques themselves are not the ones getting these super limited edition bags??

I wonder if they will have something else yummy to offer?

Maybe because Balenciaga is trying to entice the other places to continue selling & promoting their stuff ... whereas the Balenciaga boutiques are pretty much a captive market ... just a guess.

i wonder if these will be the hairy goat bags. Thanks for posting - keep us updated!

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: please stop...almost spat coffee on my PC!!

OT: but I went to a farm this past weekend and was carrying my rouge_theatre Work bag. While helping my son feed the goats, I swear a few looked sideways at my bag like "Martha, is that you?". :s

Am I the only one that finds it strange that the Bal boutiques themselves are not the ones getting these super limited edition bags??

I wonder if they will have something else yummy to offer?

No ... this has been done before. Some years back (either '03 or '04), Balenciaga made a special series of bags for Barneys NY. I think that it's a marketing ploy on both fronts:
  1. The retail store has an *exclusive* bag that won't be found anywhere else. As such, they will get the media coverage (press articles, pictures, etc. in all the Fashion Mags).
  2. Balenciaga reaps the benefits by having all the extra media attention, so they are pretty much assured that most (if not all) of the bags will be sold toute-suite.
From what I understand, Barneys was one of the original stores that carried the "Motorcycle" line so it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they had some special arrangements with Balenciaga. It's a win-win situation for both of them.

NOW ... if I can just figure out how to score a trip overseas ... this bag sounds DIVINE!!

great post Ceejay!

I think Sefridges (i think, maybe another UK store, not too sure) had a limited series as well last year- I think it was suede and leather... and the Hong Kong store had cowprint bags and the japanese linen bags w/ patent in the past... I think it's cool to have limited editions- they add some spark! and I'm stoked that it's antique gold leather! that'll be nice! finally a metallic! but only in the first size... it'll definetely be a great holiday going out bag!