limit on number of listings

1. I'm listing a lot items because I am cleaning out my closet as I prepare to move. Today I received this message when trying to list an item:

[​IMG] Attention Seller:In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. At this time, you are limited in the number of items you can list (or revise) in any 7 day period. If you have any additional questions about this subject, email us at Customer Support.

What is this and is there any way around it? I emailed customer support, but they probably won't answer for a day or two. I need to finish listing my items today or tomorrow. If I open a store, will that lift the limit?

Any information would be helpful.
  2. It seems that this is happening to a lot of eBay sellers right now. I had the same thing happen last night. eBay will not explain anything to you. First you will get a form email back telling you to refer to their policy on selling counterfeit items. If you respond to that email you will get basically another form email about counterfeit items, although they will assure you that they are not accusing you of selling counterfeit items. I just found some useful info on the eBay trust and safety discussion board, which I will post in a few.
  3. This was posted on the discussion board by eBay ID cockytoo:

"It appears the "brand name" sanction is still in effect. I figured it was put on the "back burner" seeing as how eBay was on the latest rampage of ridding the site of the lowest 2% sellers......It is "amazing" since this program left the big sellers, such as yourself, untouched. Perhaps your items are authentic, and you do not dropship from China...that may be the problem."

See my Me Page.

Below is a link to his/her "Me" page:
  4. I think I may have found a workaround for it, but I don't know if eBay would possibly go back and then pull my listings. It seems that the restriction is flagged by the brand name being in the title or subtitle of the listing. eBay won't tell you this, but I figured it out myself. I learned my account was restricted when I tried to list a Gucci bag through Auctiva. I thought there might be something going on with Auctiva, so I tried to list it directly through eBay and got the same message you did. I then emailed eBay twice, which they did get back to me right away, but both emails I received from them were basically form emails. I'm not sure that I would recommend the little "workaround" I have discovered, but here goes...

List your item and leave the designer's name out of the title or subtitle. Then go back in and revise it and re-add the designer's name. I'm not sure how long before eBay catches on to this, but it worked for me. I'm sure other people have and will figure this out soon too. Hope this helps!

Vicki :smile:
  5. ^^Thank you! I have some non-brand name items, so I will try listing them first. I will probably try your little trick too:graucho:

What can they do? They already ended one of my auctions for a Gucci watch--totally authentic and even used!

Why don't they go after the obvious fakers?
  6. This is happening to a lot of sellers right now. I am a Powerseller, but consider myself small potatoes in comparison to some of the other sellers this is affecting. There are some good posts on eBay's trust and safety discussion board and some other posts on other boards. I guess they started doing this right before Christmas last year, which impacted sellers tremendously. Looks like they are on another rampage!