Let's talk Delvaux!

Hi all, I am going to Europe in a month or so and I'm deciding on what I to get. So please help.

I'm definitely acquiring a tempete mm, I'm now also considering a brillant mini since I don't know when I will go again.

Brillant mini owners how do you find them? Are they too small?
Should I get a sellier or box ? I like structured bags but I'm worried about the box being fragile.

At last, what colour in the brillant mini should I get ?

Thanks all in advance :smile:

The brillant mini fits my daily basics. I believe it fits more than the Chanel square mini.
It's super cute and elegant. You're so lucky you get to consider both the tempete and brillant. Pls share a photo when you are back from Europe. Enjoy!

The brillant mini fits my daily basics. I believe it fits more than the Chanel square mini.
It's super cute and elegant. You're so lucky you get to consider both the tempete and brillant. Pls share a photo when you are back from Europe. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for your kind response. I will of course share photos of these babies once I get my hands on them.

Do you mind sharing the experience you have with the leather of your mini? Is it sellier or box calf?

I also don't know what colour to pick because they are all so pretty [emoji23]

Thank you so much for your kind response. I will of course share photos of these babies once I get my hands on them.

Do you mind sharing the experience you have with the leather of your mini? Is it sellier or box calf?

I also don't know what colour to pick because they are all so pretty [emoji23]

I bought lipstick red in box calf (pic posted previously). The box seems very substantial. I have worn this bag on the subway and around town. So far, no scratches or mishaps (knock on wood). The buckle took a little getting used to, as I didn't want to crease the strap unnecessarily...but if you press the buckle gently, the strap just slides in/out easily. Hope you find a colour that makes you smile. You'll know the instant you see it. As soon as the SA showed me this red, I was SOLD.

Hi all, I am going to Europe in a month or so and I'm deciding on what I to get. So please help.

I'm definitely acquiring a tempete mm, I'm now also considering a brillant mini since I don't know when I will go again.

Brillant mini owners how do you find them? Are they too small?
Should I get a sellier or box ? I like structured bags but I'm worried about the box being fragile.

At last, what colour in the brillant mini should I get ?

Thanks all in advance :smile:

Hi!

Are you used to small or mini bags? If so Brillant mini is definitely not too small! I have quite some mini bags around 20cm and i would say the brillant mini is the most roomy of them all, maybe due to the base shape. I can fit in a small umbrella, a small compact wallet, lipstick, cushion foundation, keys and my phone (you can also fit in a mini pochette instead of the umbrella). The only thing with Brillant is you need to try the buckle in person as some find it difficult to open (and box will be more stiff than sellier).

I am the type that I don't like to see scratches on my bags so I opted for Sellier and I think the shape still holds pretty well (if you stuff it well while not using it). Mine is around 1 year old now and still just like new.

If you are into classic colors I would recommend vegetal (camel brown) or Nude (stunning in my opinion but slightly afraid of color transfer). The seasonal colors are also gorgeous. If you are coming to Europe in a month the new collection might already come in then you can choose from the pretty pastel spring / summer colors too!

By the way there is this new limited collection stardust coming in soon too. Maybe you will also be interested :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:

I bought lipstick red in box calf (pic posted previously). The box seems very substantial. I have worn this bag on the subway and around town. So far, no scratches or mishaps (knock on wood). The buckle took a little getting used to, as I didn't want to crease the strap unnecessarily...but if you press the buckle gently, the strap just slides in/out easily. Hope you find a colour that makes you smile. You'll know the instant you see it. As soon as the SA showed me this red, I was SOLD.
I just saw your red baby, she is gorgeous!!

Hi!

Are you used to small or mini bags? If so Brillant mini is definitely not too small! I have quite some mini bags around 20cm and i would say the brillant mini is the most roomy of them all, maybe due to the base shape. I can fit in a small umbrella, a small compact wallet, lipstick, cushion foundation, keys and my phone (you can also fit in a mini pochette instead of the umbrella). The only thing with Brillant is you need to try the buckle in person as some find it difficult to open (and box will be more stiff than sellier).

I am the type that I don't like to see scratches on my bags so I opted for Sellier and I think the shape still holds pretty well (if you stuff it well while not using it). Mine is around 1 year old now and still just like new.

If you are into classic colors I would recommend vegetal (camel brown) or Nude (stunning in my opinion but slightly afraid of color transfer). The seasonal colors are also gorgeous. If you are coming to Europe in a month the new collection might already come in then you can choose from the pretty pastel spring / summer colors too!

By the way there is this new limited collection stardust coming in soon too. Maybe you will also be interested :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:
hi!
wow thank you so much for your detailed response. It certainly helps alot!!!

The smallest bags I have are probably my chanel medium flap and my mini 3.1 philip lim pashli, in general I like to carry my compact wallet, make up pouch, mints, phone, and some other small things shoved in there as required. I am surprised that you can fit an umbrella in the mini brillant - that is certainly good news!

I am aware that there will be a price increase on some of the bags on 1 Dec but I don't know whether the brillant mini will be one of them. That's why I am considering buying one now and pick it up in Jan. But then again there will be more colours available in Jan eg. the lilac which is gorgeous but not so classic. I absolutely agree with you with the colours! ATM I am quite happy with the vegetal because I don't want to baby the nude one, as beautiful as it is. I don't mind the black with the rainbow layers on the inside, so maybe I am just better off going to a store in jan to see which one I like better regardless of the price increase.

I think I would prefer Sellier too, especially since I will wear it alot cross body. I hope it does not slouch too much overtime!!!

Thanks again for your help =)

hi!
wow thank you so much for your detailed response. It certainly helps alot!!!

The smallest bags I have are probably my chanel medium flap and my mini 3.1 philip lim pashli, in general I like to carry my compact wallet, make up pouch, mints, phone, and some other small things shoved in there as required. I am surprised that you can fit an umbrella in the mini brillant - that is certainly good news!

I am aware that there will be a price increase on some of the bags on 1 Dec but I don't know whether the brillant mini will be one of them. That's why I am considering buying one now and pick it up in Jan. But then again there will be more colours available in Jan eg. the lilac which is gorgeous but not so classic. I absolutely agree with you with the colours! ATM I am quite happy with the vegetal because I don't want to baby the nude one, as beautiful as it is. I don't mind the black with the rainbow layers on the inside, so maybe I am just better off going to a store in jan to see which one I like better regardless of the price increase.

I think I would prefer Sellier too, especially since I will wear it alot cross body. I hope it does not slouch too much overtime!!!

Thanks again for your help =)

Happy to help and meet fellows that like Delvaux [emoji4][emoji4]

I think brilliant mini fits more than Chanel classic ml (there is no way I can get my umbrella in there lol) I think the base shape makes it more roomy than other same size mini bags.

As for the shape, my SA said as long as you stuff it well with tissue or air papers should be fine. Though I'm drooling over how clean and edgy look box offers!

Hope you find your dream brillant! [emoji1374]

Introducing my lovely Brilliant MM in box calf. The buckle is black though it doesn't look like it. I love the L'Humor more but decided against getting it cos I don't think I can rock that bag.

View attachment 3548825

View attachment 3548826
Congrats on this beauty! How do you feel about the buckle? I am afraid of box for one it scratches easily and two it's difficult to open? On the other hand it has the most beautiful shine and holds the shape better.

The box leather is lovely and I have difficulty opening and closing the buckle. The other box leather Brilliant was easier to open and close but the leather feel more matte unlike the shiny box leather.