Let's talk Delvaux!

i like them they are very refined and well crafted as oposed to launer bags that i find rather poorly built still comparable in certain styles. now i have to say when compared to Moreau or Moynat delvaux may fall bit short in terms of practical contemporary-classic bags but i do love them and the leather is beautiful .hope it helps darling.Birkel

Reactions: sophiegray
LOVE Delvaux. Barneys in the US has a lot. They aren't THAT cheap, the Briljant is I think USD 6K, but yes less than H.
Beautiful leather, tend to be very structured. I would only buy a Delvaux at way below retail, but that does have something to do with the lower proflle of the brand, my affection for H, and the resale value. It is a hallowed house, older than H, with a great history.
They do have IMO an unfortunately structured clasp on many bags...even my DH noticed this.....:blush:

Hong Kong socialites Jacqueline Chow and Patricia Chow were gifted mini Brillant keychains at Madame Delvaux Boudoir (VIP cocktail & dinner) last month. And Patricia Chow decorated her blk croc B with the keychain.

Hi ladies, I'm recently in love with the Delvaux envelope clutch as a night bag - like going to concerts. I'm also saving up for my first Birkin and Kelly. Do you think I should get the Delvaux clutch first or I should wait for B/K? Any input is appreciated!

TIA :biggrin:

I own Delvaux envelop clutch, it is made of hight quality leather and a craftsmanship is impeccable. Some time ago I was looking at Briliant, but compared it to my Hermes Kelly and dicided not to purchase Brilant - looks stylish and classy but when you look at details more close will notice that there many shortcuts in design an make.
I think depending on item some deserve to be compared to Hermes.

I own Delvaux envelop clutch, it is made of hight quality leather and a craftsmanship is impeccable. Some time ago I was looking at Briliant, but compared it to my Hermes Kelly and dicided not to purchase Brilant - looks stylish and classy but when you look at details more close will notice that there many shortcuts in design an make.

I think depending on item some deserve to be compared to Hermes.

Thank you Mdiat for your posting :smile: making me want the envelope clutch more and more... Do you mind posting a mod pic if you get a chance? ( no worries, if you cannot) I have tried to search mod pictures but don't see any....

Thank you again :biggrin:

I promised some time ago to post pics of my Delvaux. Better late than never. I hope you can see details and quality from these shots.

Attachments

• P1080660.jpg
    P1080660.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 3,151
  • P1080638.jpg
    P1080638.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 3,122
  • P1080659.jpg
    P1080659.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 3,067
  • P1080658.jpg
    P1080658.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 3,113
  • P1080654.jpg
    P1080654.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 3,071
  • P1080653.jpg
    P1080653.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 3,061
  • P1080641.jpg
    P1080641.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 3,045
  • P1080639.jpg
    P1080639.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3,065
  • P1080650.jpg
    P1080650.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 3,080
  • P1080652.jpg
    P1080652.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 3,037
Thank you Mdiat for your posting :smile: making me want the envelope clutch more and more... Do you mind posting a mod pic if you get a chance? ( no worries, if you cannot) I have tried to search mod pictures but don't see any....

Thank you again :biggrin:

There you go...

Attachments

• Delvaux1.jpg
    Delvaux1.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 2,822
  • Delvaux2.jpg
    Delvaux2.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 2,816
  • Delvaux3.jpg
    Delvaux3.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 2,810
  • Delvaux5.jpg
    Delvaux5.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 2,832
  • Delvaux6.jpg
    Delvaux6.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 2,829
  • Delvaux7.jpg
    Delvaux7.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 2,818
For me, Hermes is the best in terms of quality, craftsmanship and I don't think I could be tempted away...

However...I was reading India Knight's book 'The Shops' last week and she wrote a small paragraph about Delvaux bags comparing them to Hermes in terms of quality and craftmanship. They are a Belgian company since 1829 making handbags appointed to the Royal family in Belgium, top quality etc etc. (it's funny, I didn't know much about Hermes when I got this book a few years ago and I completely missed the reference to Hermes, lol)

I just wondered if anyone here has heard of them and can comment on their quality and craftsmanship compared to Hermes bags. The bags look very nice on their website http://www.delvaux.com/index_en.html but there are no prices and of course there's no substitute for handling a bag in real life. Does anyone know how the prices compare to Hermes prices?

I found a link here about them here

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/delvaux-bags-16993.html

but I thought if anyone would know about top quality under the radar bags (OK perhaps not the Birkin, lol), it would be the Hermes group.

Many thanks for any thoughts. I'm posting this in the Hermes forum as I am interested in how they compare to Hermes bags, hope this is OK.

My mom has one and she loves it, she had had it for years and it's in great shape. :biggrin: