LETS dream about Retirement!...where will you be?

Oct 10, 2006
Ok...I've got a few years left before I can finally reach the BIG R (RETIREMENT)...but I'm already dreaming about it. I know I will not wait until I'm over 60 to retire so...I figure I will continue in my current profession for probably 10 more years...and then I want to relax, enjoy and kick back until I kick off into the bright white light.

My dream is to own at least 2 homes...1 in either on the South Coast..or Deep down South in the mountains..and the other in my home state (already working on that dream..we purchased 36 acres this past year). I wanna Golf, Shop, travel the world and see everything I can.

Whats your dream..where are you wanna/gonna be when you reach your BIG R?

honestly? i want to have enough $$$ to sit around all day and crochet..while petting my cat(s)....and yeah. LOL! ( i DO like to sit around & crochet though)

ok i lied, im not sure yet. I'm only 21 and haven't thought that far yet. hehe

Well, the plan was to have 2 places--Chicago area and somewhere in NC. United Airline's bankruptcy changed all that (pension plans were dumped)--we have one place and it's not where I thought it would be. We're in coastal NC, instead of the mountain part of the state where I hoped we'd live.

In my 20's and 30's, retirement seemed so far away I never considered where I wanted to be. All I can say is, save, save, save. You never know what will happen.

I just started working but I'm hoping that when I retire I'll have enough money (and good health!) to travel around the world and really see what it's like out there! I don't think I'll want to stay in one place too long.

Realistically, I think I'll still be in MA (which is fine, I like it here)... but if I was going to dream, I think we'd love to have a second home in Europe. Probably France, either in Paris or not to far from it.

I have 9 years left till retirement and I am not sure what I want. I have never lived anywhere else so I can't imagine moving cities now. I would love to sell the house and move into a condo with all the amenities, so I could have a recreation facility built in and no grass cutting or snow shovelling. I guess I will paint and quilt more. The one dream I have is to see Europe.