Let-trade Refund Policy Is Wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Let-Trade responded to my claim through PayPal and provided a bogus shipping company and tracking number so I hope PayPal will investigate the case in depth...

:wtf: WOW! What does this tracking info show, it is an old bag they sent to you? That is really really dirty on their part.

Tracking number: 11
Shipping Company: 11

Package Status:
pixel.gif
11 tracking # 11

I don't think they sent me anything. That was in the PayPal dispute/claim. Really bogus. Then they posted a message that they don't want to give any refund.

i appreciate the replies of those people who expressed understanding on what really happened.

i don't even know if i'm going to get my money back from PayPal since i used my bank account to fund that money. if i would have used my credit card, i would have been pretty confident to get my money back by filing item not received. Let-Trade responded to my claim through PayPal and provided a bogus shipping company and tracking number so I hope PayPal will investigate the case in depth.

with the way they treated me, i even bought 3 additonal bags from them. but i have stopped recommending Let-Trade to all my friends and will never think of buying from them again.
This sounds strange, you were this upset and yet bought 3 additional bags and THEN post about them? If I were that upset with a company I for sure would't have purchased 1 bag from them let alone 3! And I can see how you could feel it's still there so it's apparently not sold, but how do you know that they didn't receive a offer during the hold time you had it?

like some people said, they took out a percentage of my money because they lose a potential sale by holding out the bag for me. but like i said earlier, if that was the reason, i still think it's wrong because i'm the only one interested in that bag. i still see the bag on their website and it's been over a month. it's not like they were holding the bag for me for over a month or so. they were holding the bag for me for at least 3 days only. how much money could they have lost on those 3 days? the bag is not even sold yet until now. :shrugs:

OH My..! So, only 3 days?? I thought 1 month or more, sorry for misunderstanding :shame: Yes, in this case, I agree with you, they won't lost in 3 days coz the bag has been there for a month then you came and asked for that bag. After 3 days, you changed your mind and want them transfer to another bag.
I think even if they ever got another potential buyer within those 3 days, after you changed your mind, they still can contact another potential buyer, right? I don't think we'll easily to find another bag we love within 3 days so it's a bit imposibble if they lost another potential buyer within 3 days.

I assump they want to sell that bag soon and they're so upset when you changed your mind :Push: and so weird why they not allowed you transfer your 30% to another bag while you BOUGHT 3 items after that!

Tell them to re-consider as you're repeat customer and never mind to cheat them etc! I hope they'll act more fair to you :smile:

Well IMO the 30% deposit that they take is ridiculous and greedy.

Calling let-trade ridiculous and greedy is going a little too far. I think we've had enough of calling sellers just that. If the deposit was $100-$200, okay, maybe that is greedy, but this is whay, $25?!

How do you know that while the bag was on hold, there were no other potential buyers? If you are talking about the MC Sologne, I actually saw what a good price it was going for and did consider asking let-trade about it. If he replied and said that it was on hold, and even after 2 weeks it's still on the site but not sold yet, I will still assume it to be on hold.

And about the tracking number, since your payment was a deposit, do you expect them to provide a legit tracking number? My guess is that let-trade will communicate with Paypal to explain their situation.

I'm sorry, but I would definitely understand it the deposit that they didn't refund you was a much larger amount, but running a second-hand business on line that large takes a lot of effort and even though it was 3 days, in business, time is money. So, the $25 IMO was totally fair. If that happened to me, I'd be bummed out, but I'd just brush it off in the end, and try to understand things from their point of view.

And I am in no way defending let-trade. If this happened to you with another seller, I'd say pretty much the exact same things. These are just my views of the situation in general.

Either way, I hope do you manage you get your money back...but we can now all learn from THIS situation what a deposit actually is and how we can avoid something like this happening in the future.

This sounds strange, you were this upset and yet bought 3 additional bags and THEN post about them? If I were that upset with a company I for sure would't have purchased 1 bag from them let alone 3! And I can see how you could feel it's still there so it's apparently not sold, but how do you know that they didn't receive a offer during the hold time you had it?

for one, i am aware of my mistake (not finishing the transaction and putting the bag on hold for 3 days). second, as a way of compensating for my mistake, i bought 3 other bags from them to let them know that i'm a good buyer and would still want to conduct business with them. third, i just can't pass up a good deal when i see one. like i mentioned earlier, it's not about the money. it's about the principle. this is not a proper way of handling customers. how come i hear good stories about them, like giving discounts to buyers, etc. etc. but they couldn't (in the least) meet me halfway in this transaction?

i know they didn't get any other offer because the bag is still there, not sold. if somebody else would've been interested in getting it, it would have been gone a long time ago.

You do realize the percentages are applied to the total sale price of the bags, right? 15% of $699.99 is approximately $105 dollars that they will be keeping from you. 15% of $379 is approximately $57. And yes, most sellers will keep that amount (and even more!) if you don't go through with the transaction. I personally have never heard of a seller who only keeps 15% of the initial deposit (which is what, like $12 if your deposit is $79.99, which would be 1.7% of your total bag price). If I'm understanding your post correctly...LT gave back $55 out of the $79.99 you paid, so you've only lost $24.99 right? I honestly don't see anything wrong with that :shrugs: Sure, it'd be nice if they applied that $25 to $379 bag you bought, but just because they didn't, I don't think it warrants some of the things said in this thread. Think about it...if reserving a $700 bag and then changing your mind only costed you around $10-20, so many more people would be doing that and wasting a seller's time.

It seems to me that most of the people who are quick to call these sellers greedy theives don't really understand the concept of layaway and how to calculate the deposit and fees. It's really important to be clear of how much money (in dollars, not percentages!) you could lose BEFORE you even agree to do a layaway :idea:

I was talking to my BF this morning and he thought it makes perfect sense for a merchant to make the hold policy a bit punishing. If the words get spreaded out and everybody tries to do the same thing, it's _not_funny_ for the merchant. Keep in mind, all paying customers are good customers.

However, if LT didn't give you clear instructions BEFORE you paid the deposit, then it's LT's problem, go get your money back! :yes: LT will learn their lesson.

@mcmug17, i have no objections if Let-Trade or any other sellers take out a percentage of my money. what i'm grumbling about is why do they take off so much? i mean, 30% is too much to take out from a deposit. i would understand if 15% was taken off, but 30? :yucky:

@mcmug17, i have no objections if Let-Trade or any other sellers take out a percentage of my money. what i'm grumbling about is why do they take off so much? i mean, 30% is too much to take out from a deposit. i would understand if 15% was taken off, but 30? :yucky:

The whole point is to make it punishing so that people will think it through before taking advantage of it. 30% seems to be a large percentage, but like the other people have mentioned before, 30% out of a small deposit (compared to the cost of the item) is really not that much.

Calling let-trade ridiculous and greedy is going a little too far. I think we've had enough of calling sellers just that. If the deposit was $100-$200, okay, maybe that is greedy, but this is whay, $25?!

How do you know that while the bag was on hold, there were no other potential buyers? If you are talking about the MC Sologne, I actually saw what a good price it was going for and did consider asking let-trade about it. If he replied and said that it was on hold, and even after 2 weeks it's still on the site but not sold yet, I will still assume it to be on hold.

And about the tracking number, since your payment was a deposit, do you expect them to provide a legit tracking number? My guess is that let-trade will communicate with Paypal to explain their situation.

I'm sorry, but I would definitely understand it the deposit that they didn't refund you was a much larger amount, but running a second-hand business on line that large takes a lot of effort and even though it was 3 days, in business, time is money. So, the $25 IMO was totally fair. If that happened to me, I'd be bummed out, but I'd just brush it off in the end, and try to understand things from their point of view.

And I am in no way defending let-trade. If this happened to you with another seller, I'd say pretty much the exact same things. These are just my views of the situation in general.

Either way, I hope do you manage you get your money back...but we can now all learn from THIS situation what a deposit actually is and how we can avoid something like this happening in the future.

Well this is a matter of principle for the buyer and it shouldnt matter how much money is concerned. I think its right that I should express what I think and call a seller what I want as long as im not swearing. The bag was on hold for 3 days so why I do understand that there may of been potential buyers...why shouldnt the OP beable to change her mind in this short period of time.

I know from experience on this forum that Let-trade can be sneaky at times, Im not going to go into it any further because it would probably upset some of the forum.

I do hope the OP gets her money back :flowers:

You do realize the percentages are applied to the total sale price of the bags, right? 15% of $699.99 is approximately $105 dollars that they will be keeping from you. 15% of $379 is approximately $57. And yes, most sellers will keep that amount (and even more!) if you don't go through with the transaction. I personally have never heard of a seller who only keeps 15% of the initial deposit (which is what, like $12 if your deposit is $79.99, which would be 1.7% of your total bag price). If I'm understanding your post correctly...LT gave back $55 out of the $79.99 you paid, so you've only lost $24.99 right? I honestly don't see anything wrong with that :shrugs: Sure, it'd be nice if they applied that $25 to $379 bag you bought, but just because they didn't, I don't think it warrants some of the things said in this thread. Think about it...if reserving a $700 bag and then changing your mind only costed you around $10-20, so many more people would be doing that and wasting a seller's time.

It seems to me that most of the people who are quick to call these sellers greedy theives don't really understand the concept of layaway and how to calculate the deposit and fees. It's really important to be clear of how much money (in dollars, not percentages!) you could lose BEFORE you even agree to do a layaway :idea:

ITA!

The initial deposit was given in good faith towards a specific purchase, if the buyer changes their mind and backs out on the transaction then, that's not the seller's responsibility. Almost always the deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable and I think that LT was fair in only keeping a partial amount.

I don't think they have done anything wrong. It's only good business sense to enforce certain policies like this one, if not buyers may take advantage of the good will of the seller. And again, they did not keep the entire deposit which is what they should of done but didn't.

I love Let-Trade and will continue to buy from them. The have great items, awesome prices and are very nice and understanding.

Well IMO the 30% deposit that they take is ridiculous and greedy. I myself have never bought anything from Let Trade and I dont wish to, I have heard so many bad stories on here. I know that Let Trade will probably come on here and give their story or offer the OP her money back but this is only because she has told her story on a public board. It would have been good if they could have worked with the OP and let her get one.

Ive looked at the logistics of this and although it is right that they keep some of the deposit...30% :wtf:. Some of Let Trades bags are on the site for months and months and I think the OP should have been allowed to change her mind for another bag.

IMO she has been treated unfairly, Let Trade has not lost anything. They have not sent a bag out, the bag was still up on there site and no money has been spent by them. They are making money out of the OP for nothing.

30% is fair and not greedy. And the actual dollar amount that was not refunded was very small, so greed is not a factor here. Maybe you should look up the word "greedy" before you sling it around. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.