Leo, Kate Score Oscar Nods

1. [​IMG]Titanic costars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet will be reunited at the Academy Awards this year – they each received Oscar nods, he for Best Actor (in Blood Diamond), she for Best Actress (in Little Children), it was announced Tuesday morning. And in an upset, Dreamgirls, which led the pack with eight nominations, was not up for Best Picture.

The nominees for Best Picture were the dramas Babel, The Departed, The Queen, and Letters from Iwo Jima and the comedy Little Miss Sunshine.

In addition to Winslet, Best Actress nods went to Penelope Cruz for Volver, Judi Dench for Notes on a Scandal, Helen Mirren for The Queen and Meryl Streep for The Devil Wears Prada.

Joining DiCaprio in the Best Actor category were Ryan Gosling for Half Nelson, Peter O'Toole for Venus, Will Smith for The Pursuit of Happyness and Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland.
  2. I just replied to this in another thread - but maybe the wrong one...
    I haven't had time to watch movies :sad: but I saw the Devil wears Prada - loved Meryl Streep - what do you think of the nominations?