Legacy Ali or Hippie

1. My daughter and I went shopping yesterday and stopped at a Coach boutique. I was dying to try on a Legacy Ali or Hippie to see which was a better fit for my needs. I couldn't believe it when the SA told me that they don't sell Legacy at their shop. There were only certain shops that had the Legacy line. I was so disappointed.

I don't know when I'll have the chance to go to a Legacy store. But I'd hate to think I may miss the chance to get one of these two bags.

Does anyone know how long the Ali and the Hippie will be available? I guess it's hard to know these things but I'm wondering -- if they are really popular -- as they seem to be, do you think Coach will ALWAYS offer them?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

2. I was able to order directly from the store - I'm surprised that they didn't offer you that option as well.

By the way, just a month ago I was also undecided between the Ali and the Hippie. I felt that the Ali was a bit big for my preferences. I did like the size of the Hippie, but I didn't like that it had a 37" strap. What I ended up getting was the Legacy Leather Slim Flap, style #10327. It looks identical to the Ali but is a bit smaller - 13"L x 10"H x 2"W. There is also a Legacy Signature Flap available with the same dimensions, but I don't know the exact style number. I would think that your store could help you with that.

Hope this was helpful - good luck!

3. I'm pretty sure the signature legacy slim flap is style
    style# 10338 $358. Hope this helps:smile:

4. i don't know if coach will always offer them specifically, maybe variations of it? i'd go to the boutique, order both (free shipping if you do it at the store) and then decide which one you like best and return the other.

5. Thanks for the input, ladies. They did offer to order it for me, but I really wanted to try on the bags. I guess I could order both & return one. Never thought of that!!

Thanks!

6. I love my Hippie!! I got it today and it's beautiful!!! I'm 5'6" and it hits my hip straight off my shoulder. It's alittle higher if I put it across the body!! I love the size of it. The Ali was too wide and big for me, but it's a beautiful bag too!!

7. I love the Ali!! Go for that!!

8. Do you really have to choose? :graucho:

Too much enabling. Sorry about that!

9. Too funny! I wish I didn't HAVE to choose! I really do need to try these bags on. I'm only 5'2 so maybe the Ali would be too big for me.

10. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: I *totally* agree!! I have both types of bags and I LOVE both! I'm 5'4 and don't think that the Ali looks too big at all. I love the Ali and Hippie equally. Hey, I'm not prejudice or anything, ya know? :graucho: :roflmfao:

11. Kristabelle: Did you get the legacy French purse to go w/ the Ali? I did get to see the French purse at the coach store and it was so beautiful!

12. I saw a lady who had the Ali last night at Chevy's and I was drooling! I'm not really a fan of the hippie, so I say go with the Ali. If you think it will be too big for you, then go for the slim flap.

13. I definitely feel a shopping spree this weekend!